Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Project cheap blaster

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2000, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright I am on a very tight budget and have to save up money to do this.here are the list of mods I am going to add.What do u guys think?
Are these items the most bang for the buck??

wiseco pro lite piston
pro circuit pipe and silencer
K&N filter and outer wear
18/10/8 razr's on douglas .190 wheels
21/7/10 razr's on douglas wide off-set .190 wheels
delta force 2 reed valve

Old 07-18-2000, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer

If I were you I would scrap the Rad valve and get a set of good carbon fiber reeds and a spacer. Also when you set your LRD make sure to set in the middle cause that will give you the best power and if youset it too short or long it is a pain to move around, but it's worth the money.

Old 07-18-2000, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

I already have some kind of aftermarket reeds.Boyesen i think.It also has a reed spacer.I was going to put the rad valve in and keep the spacer.The reason i think they are boyesen reeds is because it has boyesen stickers all over the fenders.

Old 07-18-2000, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

I was talking to a guy at Trenga Racing and he said that the Rad Valves don't do a thing really. I'm not trying to start an argument here I would rather take my 100 bucks and get a set of Renthal bars and some grips.

Old 07-19-2000, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

I would go with the V-Force Delta 2 reed cage instead. I was so impressed with it on one machine, I just ordered one for a second machine. Most reeds just move the power around. The V-Force cage gives you an across the board improvement.

Note that carbon fiber reeds should be replaced yearly. They get brittle and you lose performance when they get old. I am guessing you don't know how old the ones you have are.

Old 07-22-2000, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Not too sure about any of these reed cages and stuff, but I had a Blaster with Boyesens and after a while they got so worn they left a gap between the reed and cage so it wouldnt run right and wouldnt start easily, what I did was just take them out and flip them. Granted this wont last as long but it made them curve towards teh cage, so it ran better.....I was gonna sell it anyways

Old 07-23-2000, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have been thinking.What would be better 20/12/8 blackwaters on douglas .190's or the 18/10/8 razr's???I am going to be just messing around and trail riding.Also what is better to get a pro circuit pipe and silencer or the lrd adjustable.I am going to get a wiseco pro lite piston and not the vito's.I am worried about reliabilty.Oh yea if I get the blackwaters what would be a good front tire.U can see a pic of the blaster I am fixing up on my web-page. www.angelfire.com/me3/fmf86trx250r

Old 07-24-2000, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

Well if you are still on a tight budget I would go for the Pro Circut but if you can pony up the dough LRD is the way to go. On the tires I would go with the Razr's, the BLackwaters are more of a 4x4 mud tire. I hava a LRD pipe, silencer, UNI filter, blocked off oil injector, carbon fiber reeds, a reed spacer, and Holeshot on the rear on .190 Douglas Red Labels. All of that made a new machine out of it.

Old 07-24-2000, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

the pro ciruit pipe and silencer is $220.The LRD adjustable pipe,silencer and jet kit is $265.If there is that much of a gain than why not just wait and get enough to buy the good stuff.I had a 1998 blaster that was ported and had a DG pipe and silencer and it was quick but it also had a rad valve.I am starting to think dg is the way to go for performance for the price.

Old 07-24-2000, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

Where did you get the price of $265 for teh LRD? Is it chromed? The guys at LRD said that you need to send them back the unchromed pipe cause the dirt would have to be taken off in a special way. I paid over 300 for the chromed pipe, silencer, jet kit. Plus I talked to the guy at Trenga Racing and he said that LRD was the best money could buy.

Quick Reply: Project cheap blaster