Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

1000cc Cannondale MOTO.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004 | 10:36 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default 1000 cc cannondale.

I don't have a digital camera or a scanner so I will have to buy one soon so I can post some pictures.
Blew up the motor in my MOTO 440 and couldn't find all the parts that I was going to need to fix it. After it sit about a year I came across a wrecked FZR 1000. For a four cyl it seemed smallish in size so I put it in the MOTO. It took me about a month and $1600. The wrecked bike was $1000 alone and the Exh with a Yosh carbon fiber mufler from a junk yard was $250. Between the two exhaust systems I was able to fab up and weld a usable system. I also modified the intake and installed some K&Ns. We played around with some gearing and modified the rear swingarm a little but it looks and runs great now. Most people at first glance don't even notice anything until I fire it up and throw a 60 ft roost . Then the howl of the streetbike engine gives it away. I have no idea how fast it goes (90-100mph is a guess)but I will tell you one thing it gets there FAST and definately tests your courage. I have yet to open it up and I HAVE had the oppertunity. My courage drains fast with the ability to pull power wheelies at 80mph. The chassis on this is still stock and is definately wasn't designed to handle this type of power and speed. I now know why factories don't build 100HP ATVs. It sure is fun though!!

Old 06-13-2004 | 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1000cc Cannondale MOTO.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Let that beotch eat!

Old 06-14-2004 | 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

hey, im on the cape.... i HAVE to see this beast....

Old 06-16-2004 | 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

plymouth, were abouts, im prolly rite down the street. i can spit to plymouth from my house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

oya, dont no if you usually ride rt44 but its almost safe to ride agian. as long as there isnt 40 ppl all draggin up and down it like last year, i think it should stay pretty cop free as long as huge crowds dont start showin up and destroying all the land around it.

Old 06-16-2004 | 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

You have to let us know when you post some pics or vids of that thing...... I gotta see some vid of that thing in action!

Old 06-19-2004 | 10:38 PM
|
Trailblazer

Hey guys, Thanks for the intrest in this project. I'm live in North Plymouth on a side street near Walmart on 3A. The bike is at my work where I have the use of a full machine shop/ weld fab shop/ and every tool imaginable. My friends want me to start building choppers and contact The Discovery Channel. I don't have that much time to spare. Either way, I purchased a 4 megapixel camera today so I'll try to figure this stuff out and get some pictures posted. I'm not the most computer savoy person so don't expect them tomorrow. This is going to take me awhile. It might just be easier to e-mail them. I also had my first to much power part failure. I snapped the original chain. I think it was just a bad master link but I dont want to take any chances so I bought a new RK chain that is supposed to be the strongest chain avail. I guess I'm going to need it because on top of the chain a couple of days ago I ordered NOS and a set of drag tires for it. Iwant to try it up Epping and see what it does. I started on some brackets to lower the suspention. I'm still worried that I might need to extend the swingarm. I'll get those pictures posted and let you guys know when I'm going up north to run it.

Rich.