Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Which Axle????

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 12:23 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Axle????

X33 from durablue is lifetime against bending or breaking.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Which Axle????

not a true lifetime

Old 10-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Axle????

Originally posted by: treylaxbanshee
not a true lifetime
You have to pay 175 dollars for the SECOND time you replace the axle for the durablue. The first replacement is free. If you are bending an x33 more than once then you have issues. Lonestar's axle is considerably weaker than the x33.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Range Rover
Default Which Axle????

Durablue's axles are hollow where Lonestar has a solid axle, in my opinion it is not weker then the x33 and even if it is, you arent going to pay $175 to get a new one if you bend it twice. Plus the two axles are basically made out of the same metal,

Old 10-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Which Axle????

Durablue's axles are hollow where Lonestar has a solid axle, in my opinion it is not weker then the x33 and even if it is, you arent going to pay $175 to get a new one if you bend it twice. Plus the two axles are basically made out of the same metal,
The x33 is easily a superior axle to the lonestar. It's ligher and considerably stronger. I've been racing since the 80's and never had any issues with any durablue axle. I ordered a lonestar for my last machine and then cancelled the order when I found the x33. I challenge you to find out how many people on these forums has ever broken 2 x33's. I'd be suprised if you found someone who has broken one, as I have never heard of one breaking during riding.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Which Axle????

i would be surprised if you find anyone that has broken a lonestar or a durablue eleminator, they are both good I have owned both but they will both bend, i have bent a eleminator, I have nev er bent my lonestar and just this last sunday my buddy bent his eleminator, I am not trying to argue that it is not a good axle, i am trying to argue that it is "much stronger then the lonestar", my point is durablue has mastered making a hollow axle made out of the same material that a solid axle " lonestar" is making. Personally the the the only great advantage to the x33 is the hubs or quick change feature that they have. But I will never argue with anyones opinion.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Range Rover
Default Which Axle????

Originally posted by: maddog56
Lonestar's axle warranty isnt transferrable.
Almost no one even knows about the gforce yet, how do you know its junk?
RPM makes the strongest axles, and have the best warranty. You get what you pay for.
like you said, you get what you pay for, you are paying for a eleminator with the hubs, that is all the X33 is

Old 10-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Which Axle????

i would be surprised if you find anyone that has broken a lonestar or a durablue eleminator, they are both good I have owned both but they will both bend, i have bent a eleminator, I have nev er bent my lonestar and just this last sunday my buddy bent his eleminator, I am not trying to argue that it is not a good axle, i am trying to argue that it is "much stronger then the lonestar", my point is durablue has mastered making a hollow axle made out of the same material that a solid axle " lonestar" is making. Personally the the the only great advantage to the x33 is the hubs or quick change feature that they have. But I will never argue with anyones opinion.
I have seen lots of bent and broken eliminators and someone on B L U E T R A X X just snapped a lonestar.

Maybe you dont understand, the x33 is not just an eliminator with pin drive hubs. Do some reasearch before you put down the product. How else do you think its the lighest axle of the bunch?

Old 10-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Range Rover
Default Which Axle????

i think maybe you should do some research go to durablue.com, I am not putting the product down but there is a reason that it is called the eleminator X33. here is a little quote from there site "Eliminator X-33 Axle
The X-33 axle uses the same superior material and heat treating as the Eliminator. The unique difference is in the design of the wheel hub mounting area. Standard design ATV axles neck down to about 1" in diameter. A splined wheel hub slides onto the axle shaft and is retained with a hex nut. As all ATVer's know, hubs loosen frequently. The X-33 changes all that. The wheel hub is clamped solid and driven by a pin on a 1-3/8" diameter shaft. This axle is rifled to reduce weight near the rotational axis of the ATV."
Text

Sorry, but I have nothing against the axle but I am just stating the fact

Old 10-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which Axle????

I had an x 33 on my 250r i always had to put the hubs on with loctite bearing fit or they would come loose and start the pins wearing into the hubs which was a pain in the A$$.

but as for strength i cant fault it the bike had a huge crash which should have left the axel tied in a knot
Im told ( Only remember the first bit) but it was still straight . that impressed me. shame the rest of the bike didnt fair as well.

Quick Reply: Which Axle????