Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Dynos for banshee pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2000 | 11:16 PM
|
Trailblazer

Was wondering if anyone had a dyno run on the paul turner mid range pipes and the FMF woods pipe? Trying to figure out why I can out run my friend on the flat ground and he can out run me up comp hill. I run the PTR and he has the FMF. I thought that my pipes being for mid/motorcross style riding I would have more torque, but I seems just the opposite. Also wanted to hear from people with the PTR mids. When riding my bike it seems to fall off on the top end. Was wondering if others with the same pipe does the same thing.

Thanks in advance
David Chapman

Old 09-03-2000 | 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure if they still do, but Albaaction.com used to have a dyno chart of fmf, paul turners and toomeys I believe.

You're racing sounds like it it going like it ought to. You're putting out more torque, so when you are on flat ground and hooking up all the power, the mid range could be putting you out in front. On the other hand, going up a sand hill might be letting your buddy have enough loss of traction that he quickly gets into the sweet spot of his power range, which is on the top end. I could be wrong though. I'm sure there's some sand guys here the can tell you more about it.