Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Anyone uses NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone
I was wondering on how to get my banshee more powerful than it is now. Looking on the trinity racing site, i saw that they were selling a NOS system for Atvs...
Does anyone uses a stuff like that?Will it force me to change engine parts (pistons?, head?..rods? ......crank?....). They say it the best power/buck accessory. I believe them, but I don't want to blow my engine after 10 hours of fun. Would the 420 long rod kit be better...(it costs 999$US), and I don't know the price of the NOS system...by the way, if anyone has that at home, how much did it cost (if it's for a banshee that's perfect) and is it made for an off road use?(no drag racing for me)...
What is race gas? When I read dirt wheels, they tested a dmc/pro design Banshee with improved pipes, radiator, heads, reeds...they say they had to use race gas...Is it easily obtainable (like normal gas, in a gas station...but i suppose much more expensive)?

Lots of questions, I just hope someone will be able to get me informed...

PS. Some time ago i said banshees weren't fast...sorry but it's true (not at the point I said that day), even a banshee is just for fast tourism...

My banshee is a 98, with aftermarket pipes (and silencers that make tons of dB...I'm getting on to keep them quiet), renthal handlebar, bearclaw tires...nothing very exciting.

PS2 : sorry if my english looks weird some times, but that's how good gets a new french canadian, formerly french.

Z, like Zorro

Old 09-15-2000, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I can't answer your questions about NOS, but I can tell you about race gas. Race gas is gas that has a higher octane rating than regular gas and usually is leaded (for lubrication). The higher octane is needed for higher compression engines to prevent detonation. Lower octane gas ignites easier than a higher octane gas. So, in a higher compression engine, low octane gas may ignite too early because of the increased pressure. When this happens it kills the HP and can damage your piston.

I have 98 Banshee also, and I switched to higher compression pistons and a Pro Design Cool Head with 20cc domes, and I always run Unical race gas. I have tried Turbo Blue gas and it sucks. Where I live, there are only a few places that you can get race gas and it is a lot more expensive.

I had been considering the 420LR kit myself since I am having to have my cylinders bored anyways, but I decided against it for now. I was warned that a mod like this could hurt the reliability of the motor.

Old 09-15-2000, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Just one thing I feel has to be precised. I don't wan't to use race gas! I had guessed that it had higher octane level, I'm surprised that it contains lead.

thanks. I have the confirmation that what ever mod I do to my banshee, I'll have to check if I can keep running with standard pump gas (actually the best pump gas)..

long live adrenaline

Old 09-15-2000, 01:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

www.albaactoin.com they have the nos for sale for$$ 695.99 adds 9to20hp and its for a banshee they also have a banshee turbokit that gives you 130+hp its $$5899.99 i found this ad in dirtwheels magazine hope this helps

Old 09-15-2000, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for precisions...I also gave a look on albaaction, but I didn't find any thing convincing...have to look again.
The NOS kit is right in what I hoped (for the price)...if the crank doesn't break after 2 hours of riding, it could be a good deal.

Old 09-15-2000, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

if the NOS kit only goves that small amount of HP )i thought it would be much higher) i would really reccommend you try something else. squirting juice is never easy on engine parts, i don't care what anyone says.. i have the 420 LR from trinity and it rocks... I haven't been to impressed with trinity as far as cusotmer service though. My motor is a couple of years old and i have heard that in recent years trinity's quality has really gone downhill. I would reccommend looking up Dan Hull here in michigan... do a search on this site for his number. His stuff puts a whoopin' on anyting trinity can build, and he can do it w=ithout a bigbore...