Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

wuts a better pipe for a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005 | 01:17 AM
Trailblazer
Default wuts a better pipe for a blaster

Originally posted by: bl4cksh337
i got the toomey and love it. I was in the dunes and didnt see any blasters shott up the hills faster than me. Lots of 300 and 400 exs didnt even make it up. And some that did i still shot up faster than them.
damn straight i have a toomey on my blaster and i no 4 a fact the only pipe that comes close is a pro circuit platnium pipe it , toomey will dominate all, i'm tellin ya go 4 a toomey and if not get a procircuit

Old 06-16-2005 | 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

o yea my bad i got off topic, alian pipes blow, i dont no about lrd but i hear there allright i guess, but in my opinion and experiance go with a toomey or procircuit ther both kick as8 pipes

Old 06-19-2005 | 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

i think the lrd is great but if you want the best pipe curtis sparks is the best other than ESR. there website is sparks racing.com. but yeah the lrd is still a great pipe.

Old 06-19-2005 | 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

First of all theres no "BEST" pipe. Diffrent pipes are made for diffrent applications. You don't want a f-in toomey for trails or mx although it would work its not as well suited as pipe with a lower powerband around the midrange such as the lrd, hetrick, pb, dynoport.

I know SEVERAL people with blasters all with diffrent pipes and I beat them all in accel with my lrd but it was mainly because I had good jetting and was a better rider.. A pipe doesn't MAKE power it MOVES it.

You will be satisfied with any pipe you buy thats why there are so many people here that think "their" pipe that they use is the best because it made a nice noticable diffrence. Also because they ran into some one with a rival pipe that wasn't as good of a rider or their bike wasn't set up right and they beat them.

The right jetting will make ALL the diffrence when putting on a pipe.. I beat an fmf blaster AND a procircut blaster in a drag race WAY back when mine was stock. Why? Because they didn't jet.

Old 06-19-2005 | 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

trenga

Old 06-20-2005 | 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SlipperyWaffle
First of all theres no "BEST" pipe. Diffrent pipes are made for diffrent applications. You don't want a f-in toomey for trails or mx although it would work its not as well suited as pipe with a lower powerband around the midrange such as the lrd, hetrick, pb, dynoport.

I know SEVERAL people with blasters all with diffrent pipes and I beat them all in accel with my lrd but it was mainly because I had good jetting and was a better rider.. A pipe doesn't MAKE power it MOVES it.

You will be satisfied with any pipe you buy thats why there are so many people here that think "their" pipe that they use is the best because it made a nice noticable diffrence. Also because they ran into some one with a rival pipe that wasn't as good of a rider or their bike wasn't set up right and they beat them.

The right jetting will make ALL the diffrence when putting on a pipe.. I beat an fmf blaster AND a procircut blaster in a drag race WAY back when mine was stock. Why? Because they didn't jet.
Pipes do make power. Have you ever seen a dyno graph, I think you are confused w/ thumper cams.

Old 06-20-2005 | 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bl4cksh337
i got the toomey and love it. I was in the dunes and didnt see any blasters shott up the hills faster than me. Lots of 300 and 400 exs didnt even make it up. And some that did i still shot up faster than them.
i didnt say mine was the best but i do think it stacks up pretty good. And it sounds pretty sweet.

Old 06-24-2005 | 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

The little I've heard of the CPI pipe for a blaster has been pretty good.That's what I'll probably buy.

Old 07-01-2005 | 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: kfx400kawasaki
Originally posted by: SlipperyWaffle

Pipes do make power. Have you ever seen a dyno graph, I think you are confused w/ thumper cams.

Pipes essentially move the powerband around.

True certain pipes will make more all around power then others mainly on modified engines were it may need to breath alitle more then usual. Most of the time its moving it around more then inscreasing overall. Why do you think people say "DON'T GET DG THEY SUCK" because its a low end pipe for woods ect like the stock pipe so your not gonna see near as much of a diffrence. Alot of times when you look at a dyno chart you will notice that fmf and other brands with a higher powerband may make more peak hp at a higher rpm range but down lower in the rpms the stock pipe makes more hp.

Old 07-01-2005 | 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

what ever pipe you get for your balster make sure its a right bend pipe.

Quick Reply: wuts a better pipe for a blaster