Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Any tips on how to get a tire to bead?, need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tips on how to get a tire to bead?, need help

I bought maxxis razr's and have them on the rims but cannot get the tires to build up pressure to bead. I have even strapped the center and cannot get the tire sides to seal to bead. Any tips or tricks to bead these tires? Thanks!

Old 05-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

well i had a little trouble beading my tires but then a friend of mine had this awsome idea...he had a bead sealer that blast 100 psi directly into the tire...it was loud but those tires snapped right on...i can't rememebr tha name of the think we used but it was a life saver...

Old 05-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Dang jersey guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If you cant even get it started (it doesnt hold air at all) try spraying a little window cleaner around the edge of the tire and lightly drop the tire and rim while putting air in it.

Your going to need a decent air supply to get it going so dont use one of the little pumps etc.

This can also help once its hold some air as it helps the bead move from the bouncing.

Its still best to use a larger compressor as the large rush of air will make it happen sooner, faster and a whole lot easier.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

if u dont have a good size compressor take it down to the gas station then pull your valve stem out thATS WHAT i would try ...gl

Old 05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is a couple of tricks, first one as previously mention take the value out and try it. Another trick is spray ethier around the rim and tire and throw a match on it , it make it pop right out on the rim. Be careful it pops very quickly.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Range Rover

A 100 psi burst is pretty risky,if you look at the tire casing/sidewall it says not too exceed 35-40 psi when mounting on bead.Hmmm?Must have nine lives.Spread soap and water/or an oil type lube around the bead,then maybe a strap around the center of the tire.If it still does not seal,try applying alot of grease around both beads to hold the air in till it seals.It will seal slow and then pop on,watch your face when it seals or you will get a facefull of grease.I would'nt use a 100 psi burst,ever seen an 11-24.5 truck tire blow up?IT WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF,LITERALLY!

Old 05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

The tank he was talking about is called a cheata (spelling may be wrong). It's safe to use but the tank isn't cheap, got mine for a just under $200. It has 100psi on it but when you ****** the valve open the prssure drops very fast. I've done the ethier trick before also is it's dangerous. I watched a person do this to a trctor tire and when he went to put air in the tire it basicly exploded. Seems the ethier had caught the rubber inside the tire on fire of some of the ethier was still burning somehow. When he went to add air it blew off the rim and he got some pretty nasty cuts and bruises. Using a ratchet strap arounf the middle of the tire is about the best way, if you have some silicon spray use it or a cooking spray works good for lubricate.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Fill it up to 35 PSI or what ever the max is, thats how i got my tires to mount... it just went.. boooommmmmmmmmmmppppp. and it was on. good luck

Old 05-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gumman70
Here is a couple of tricks, first one as previously mention take the value out and try it. Another trick is spray ethier around the rim and tire and throw a match on it , it make it pop right out on the rim. Be careful it pops very quickly.

After wasting 40+ minutes Saturday night trying to seat a slightly damaged bead using a compressor and a ratcheting tie down i decide i'd try this method. 2 seconds after i dropped that match it was done. Worked great!

Old 05-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

We use lighter fluid on the large equipment tires ether would do the same.

Quick Reply: Any tips on how to get a tire to bead?, need help