Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Aftermarket Pipes For New Banshee??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Pipes For New Banshee??

I just bought a 06 Banshee and I want to upgrade Pipes, Silencers, Reeds/Spacers, Airbox, Airfilter and rejet the stock Carbs. Without doing eng. work what would give me the most performance out of the bike?
I may go with Toomeys T6 kit.
Thanks for the help.

Old 11-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Im Fixin to get a set of Toomey's T6's. From What I hear There The Best For the Shee.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2005, 01:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

My neighbor just did the T6 kit on an '06 and the thing screams. I don't think you can go wrong with that. He also did reeds, a K&N clamp-on kit and jetting.

He actually set that up for his wife that wanted something that was similar to his. His is set up with a 4mil stroker, reeds, FMF fattys, K&N and holes in the box. The new one is not quite to that level, but they are very happy with it.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Pro Rider

The Toomey T-6's are designed for engines that won't be ported, stroked, etc later on in life. The T-5's will make the same power on a stock engine, but even more power if you mod it later. Check out the Pro Circuit pipes for the Banshee before you make your mind up completely. They make excellent power and cost much less than Toomey. My only other advice is to stay away from FMF if at all possible.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the help.... Let me know how the pipes do when you get um!

Old 11-27-2005, 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. ttyl

Old 11-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

A friend of mine had Pro Circuts and the bike didnt perform like he thought it should be so I was gonna go with toomys. Thanks for the info. ttyl.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I'm a fan of fmf on stock and semi stocks, cpi beyond that. I know an intelligent guy who swears by his bill's pipes and he's had quite a few sets on quite a few stock, mx, and trail shees.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

What ever pipe you get will totally out class the stockers. Toomey t-5's, and pro curcit platinums are great pipes. The pc plats sound better {nice pinging sound}, toomeys are very raspy. For a semi serious motor {porting, stroker, cool head, two 34mm carbs, 4 degree timing advance} go with rocket pipes, shearers, or cp industries. It's been proven on dynos time and again that for inframe pipes, nothing touches a Matt Shearer pipe [shearers and vitos fat b@stards are the same pipe, different name] for pure top end power. What ever pipes you get, advance your timing 4 degrees. Its worth 2-4 free hp.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shearers are great pipes, but they sure as hell arent blowing away the competition.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Pipes For New Banshee??