Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Modded banshee problems. . help me please

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded banshee problems. . help me please

I have a 98 banshee with a Trinity 421 kit. . .took it to the dunes one week and ran perfect. Brought home for a couple months and the next trip out didnt seem to run right. Its seems to rev good in neutral but when its in gear, doesnt wanna rev well at all. It just doesnt seem to wanna take off at all in gear. I just put a Direct drive lockout in it and still having the problems. Went thru after that. . put the bearing and ceramic ball also in the cluth. Looked at the adjustable timing plate to make sure it didnt come loose and move. . that wasnt it. Put a diffetrent cdi in it. . that wasnt it. Checked jetting on carbs and all. . nothing. The only thing i have done different that i can think of is went from a 14 t front sprocket to a 16t. I wouldnt think that would be it tho since the bike dynoed at 85 hp. I wanted to try to gear it up. Also one pipe seems to get hotter than the other . but both cylinders are working. Getting spark from both plugs. Anyone have any ideas what it could be???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

I would put two new plugs in it and gear it back down and try it out. You stated that your bike puts out 85 HP that is great but that is peak HP Banshee's have great top end power but are very weak in the low end I would gear it down and then play with the rear sprocket gearing a little and tire size.
hope this helps.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Take a compression and see what you get.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys. . .i'll try them all. I worried I may have gone too high geared on my front sprocket anyway. . .the only reason that i still worried it might be something else other than gearing was that I've been running it with stock size dirt tires on grass where I dont lose the power that u do in sand, and its still doing it really bad. . but I'll check my gearing and compession. . i appreciate the help. Thanks a lot guys.