Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Namura pistons

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Namura pistons

Hi. I would like to get some honest opinions and feedback on these namura pistons. I have tried 2 of them. One in a blaster and now one in a 300ex.
If I remember right the blaster is .020 over but 300ex is stock bore. I rebuilt the blaster a year ago and it seams to be doing fine. It's not been rode all that hard. Just normal trail riding. But the piston is holding up good so far. I just installed the Piston in the 300ex and I'll update as I know how it's going to act. So far it's doing ok. Keep in mind I have not gotten it broke in yet. Any way If any else has used them I'd like to know how they worked. I contacted namura both times I installed the Pistons and they got right back with me via e-mail. I asked them about putting instructions with the piston like others do. They said that they will soon include instructions like wise co and others do. They also told me the piston has the same tolerances and specs as a factory piston. Any way I'm not biased. I'm just letting every one know how it's going for me. I have tried wiseco and pro X pistons and they both worked good as well. We will see how this works out.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Namura pistons

how it work out for you?

Old 01-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Namura pistons

Well it's been almost three years since I posted that message. The good news is that both of our four wheelers are still running very strong. Now we don't run them super hard, but we don't baby them either. I would say that the Namura pistons are indeed good. At least for normal riding. I don't know about in a racing application. But they worked great for me. I hope that helps.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Namura pistons

numara will shatter because of the manufacturing process. wiseco pistons are the best aftermarket non-performance type pistons available.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Namura pistons

Well I have used both types. I always used Wiseco pistons in the past and seemed to have to replace them every year or so. So far I have had good luck with the Namura pistons and I have them in two different quads. I am not saying that wiseco pistons are bad. I am just stating facts as I have used both types. Now I used many different Wiseco in many different applications. Dirt bikes and Quads. Most of the time they worked very well and with no issues. I just tried the Namura because I wanted to try a different brand. If I remember right Namura had complete kit and were cheaper in price than the Wiseco. Any way I am not an advocate of either brand. But so far the Namura pistons have held up and still work good in both the Blaster and the 300EX.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Namura pistons

Why would you put a non-performance type piston in an engine anyway? If you're going to tear it apart why not just use the best? The process is the same and extra cost is minimal.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Namura pistons

Namura pistons are garbage. Consider yourself fortunate they havent come apart on you.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Namura pistons

I always heard that nothing was better than Wiseco. But I have had plenty of them only last one season and sometimes less. There is no doubt that Wiseco is the most popular replacement piston out there. I have used stock replacement, Wiseco an the Namura pistons. I am not and advocate of either type. I read lots of these forums before considering the Namura and I decided to find out for myself. Honestly all I can say is I put one in my Blaster in the Summer of 2005 and one in my 300EX in the summer of 2006. They are both still running and show no signs of coming apart soon. I know the Blaster has been tacked out several times. Now on the other side. If something happens and they fly apart. I will certainly post it here. But as of right now today. I would say that in 2 different quads the Namura pistons worked for me.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Namura pistons

JE is the best by far. Wiseco is more or less old school.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Range Rover
Default Namura pistons

thanks for the info. i always wondered about those pistons. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Namura pistons