Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Banshee mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2000, 05:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to finally mod up the Banshee. Now im looking at used parts since im poor at this time so what would be the best all around pipes for trail/open/hills. This is where I mainly ride but we are planning a dune trip some time next year as well, Oregon dunes/Glamis/and Little Sahara.

Im also looking for reeds and such, already have my mind set on a Pro Flow kit and would like some reeds and maybe a boost bottle.

I hear about a 2into1 kit, whats this?

Any other mods I should look into?

A-arms and swingarm are going to be wayyyyyy down the road.

Old 12-15-2000, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Ready to hop her up finally. V-Force makes a good reed setup. It's about $200 though. Don't waste your money on a boost bottle unless you get it in somekind of a package deal. If your talking about the 2 into 1 pipe set up, it's good if your going to be mxing. Same with the a-arms and swingarms, won't do you much good unless track riding. How do you like those razor tires? As for pipes that's individual preference. I've never had any problems with my T-5's and their customer service is fantastic. You could also get the head shaved, bump your compression a bit for more performance. Doesn't usually cost much. There are some other little performance things you can do that don't cost much, but require some taking apart and reassembling. Take care.

Old 12-15-2000, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

Jennifer is right about the V-force reeds. THey rock! A coolhead adds a tighter squish band and helps the motor run cooler. I have had T-5 pipes, FMF pipes, and now I run LRD. Having used some off the biggest sellers I have to say that the LRD are the best (opinion). They just cost so much more than the others. I also liked the FMF better than the T-5. Plus the FMF are cheaper leaving you more money for reeds or something else. I would not go overboard with the motor till you do something about the handling. Shocks,a-arms,axle, stuff like that will make your ride more fun than arm jerking power that never gets to the ground. Good Luck!

Old 12-16-2000, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replies. Im mainly looking for used parts, im at the poor stage right now

The razrs work great and I hope I can find some paddles on rims used in good con. as well.

Im mainly looking for T-5's, LRD, Duncan, or FMF pipes, whichever I can get ahold of (used as well).

Hope to finally ride with some of ya, but I may look like an amature compared to you guys, lol.
Thanks!

Old 12-16-2000, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

Any set of pipes that you put on will wake the motor up. As to what brand is best- whatever pipes the person has that you ask!

I personally have old FMFs that I picked up used. I run even with 2 other shee's with Toomey's. The one major benefit is that the FMFs are quieter.

Old 12-16-2000, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

hey ,
jiga i like your banshee thats the first white and black 2001 banshee i saw on a real pic on the internet it looks alot beter than they do on the yamaha website.
anywho i think you should look around on ebay for some pipe you think you would like (FMF,TOOMEY,PRO CERCUIT) and some new power reeds

Old 12-16-2000, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

hey ,
jiga i like your banshee thats the first white and black 2001 banshee i saw on a real pic on the internet it looks alot beter than they do on the yamaha website.
anywho i think you should look around on ebay for some pipe you think you would like (FMF,TOOMEY,PRO CERCUIT) and some new power reeds and a jet kit