Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

What and Where?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007 | 09:32 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default What and Where?

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a '98 yamaha blaster frame for about 100 dollars. I have found every part i need to build it but the only problem is that i need an engine. I have been searching for a while and am gettin' frustrated. If anyone could tell me where i could find an engine i would greatly appreciate it. Also what are some alternative engines that would fit into the frame? i would not like to modify the frames too much much tho.

-thanks in advance

Old 04-13-2007 | 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default What and Where?

I would try E-bay or look on line for motorcycle salvage companies. If you plan on doing an engine swap it is very detailed and alot of work I am in the middle of building a bombusa rite now and it is a big project.
Good luck finding what you need.

Old 04-13-2007 | 07:43 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default What and Where?

Thanks for your reply, the only reason i want to swap the engine is cuz i want some more speed out of it when it's done. Any other advice you or anyone else can give me on my blaster building journey? Also, what engine would be the biggest that would fit and give me the most power? i've heard of people putting like an r6 engine in their blasters....seems a little far fetched to me. Anyway i'm just tryin to get sumthin that will work before i end up using the money up.

Thx

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default What and Where?

Look on my pics page I am currantly putting in a hyabusa gsxr1300 in a DS frame I am sure you could put a R6 in a blaster but it is alot of work and alot of money. If you are good at welding Fabing and pipe bending and good with electrical and measurments Go for it .

Old 04-14-2007 | 04:54 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default What and Where?

Thanks again Tpshyco, btw nice bomber tha thing probably hauls *** lol. When u put the motor in did u have to mod the frame alot or not too much?

Old 04-14-2007 | 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default What and Where?

Alot I am still in the process. you have to cut out the botom rails in the frame I had to cut out front rails and top rails and keep everything alligned plus make room for air filters so I had to widen it also have to cut out the rear shock upper mount and move it back 3" to compensate for longer swing arm and keep a good angle on the shock probably doing that today after work.

Old 04-14-2007 | 05:57 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default What and Where?

Wow........ i'm startin to have second thoughts about the r6 motor lol, but it's not called a project for nothing. How long have you spent building the bomber?