Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Best pipes for Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-1999, 09:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to know what pipes are the best for the Banshee. I want to gain on top-end mostly, I definetly don't want to loose any on top. I would like to have some gain in the mid-range and I doubt if it's possible to gain any low-end with a strictly top-end pipe, but let me know if that is at all possible. I've been thinking of Toomey T-5's, FMF Fatty, and several others as well. I don't want one of those pipes that "calms down" the powerband either. I myself like the feeling of that intense kick of power pushing me. Thanks to all.

------------------

Old 10-29-1999, 06:25 AM
Range Rover

I have a friend with LRD pipes on his Banshee
and it is a screamer. Call them and ask for
Arlen he is way smart and helpfull.

Old 10-29-1999, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could have sworn that there was a thread just a couple of days ago on this exact subject. You may want to run a search on Banshee pipes. My two cents - I have T-5's and love them. According to dyno runs, they make as much low end as the stockers, but whale on the top end. The only thing really close is the Fatty's. It's really not possible to get tons of low end and top end at the same time on a two stroke. At least not on the Banshee motor. I don't think you'll be dissatified with either pipe. The only difference is in the finish. FMF's come as a rough nickel plate and the T-5's are either bare (which turn a nice blue and orange) or chrome. Pricing is different as well. The cheapest source for T-5's I have found is though www.hy-tech-atv.com (the bare ones run $359 + shipping) or for the FMF's look at www.rockymountainatv.com (they run $377 + shipping). Add about $100 - $120 for chrome T-5's. If it's not a big hurry for you, I'll be going to the dunes in a couple of weeks with a friend with that has identical mods, but FMF pipes. He weighs about the same as me, and is running the same paddles, so we'll see which pipe (if either) makes more power. I can post it as a new thread after that weekend.

Old 10-29-1999, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have LRD pipes and silencers on my Banshee and it made a big increase in power. I like the fact that the powerband in wider because of them. Plus they are adjustable.

99 Banshee
87 Banshee

------------------

Old 10-31-1999, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

I have LRD also, in the past I have had FMF and a Moto-Fast 2into1 for the woods and they dont come close to the power the LRD's make. And I have to admit I have raced Several bikes with Toomeys and never lost. The only pipes that I feel that compair Are Paul Turner(Duncan)

Old 11-01-1999, 04:40 AM
Trailblazer

Rocky,
I'm one of the T5 owners you beat! I still like my Toomeys!

Old 11-01-1999, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer

I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm putting down Toomeys. I think as far as "what is the best pipe" is what suits your riding style the best. I dont think there is a pipe that stands way out better than any of the others. The different pipes work at different parts of the power range. There for its more personal preferance to your riding style. I just happen to like the LRD's the best because I can adjust them for my style of riding.

Old 11-01-1999, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

I was just kidding. But honestly, I have a fast bike, I'm just a bad rider! My little brother's bike is slower than mine, but he always beats me - the little sh@#!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-1999, 04:00 AM
Range Rover

rocky, i was going to metion paul turner's

Old 11-02-1999, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

I'am a fan of the paul turners, my buddy has them with the pyramid reed cage and the bike is very fast. No cool head or nothing, the bike can run with if not beat some of the highly modified quads in the area.

Quick Reply: Best pipes for Banshee