Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Blaster Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-1999, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm new here and have two questions for you guys. What is the best pipe and silencer out there for the Blaster? I know there are quite a few out there but I would like more power on the upper end of the rev range where the stock motor quits pulling and not lose too much bottom or mid. My other question is when I run race gas (110 octane) my motor likes to miss on upper rev range. Is it my timing? I was thinking that the race gas burns fast? or slow? and the stock timing if off then one way or another.

------------------

Old 11-01-1999, 01:51 AM
Range Rover

LRD makes a really good pipe for Blasters. One of the ATV mags did a shootout on pipes a few years back, and LRd came out on top. Check your plug for the miss, sounds like jetting is wrong, on the race gas. If it is true race gas, it will burn a little leaner, but not much. Good luck.

Old 11-01-1999, 02:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if any one has suggestions on Trinty pipes? They are cheaper than LRD and has anyone had luck with them? Also where I live in WI there is PSI that makes a blaster pipe that they claim 7hp gain. I have no idea where though. I know they are good with snowmobiles but unsure about there 4 wheeler pipes. Also that miss with race gas does not happen when running regular 93 gas. Only with 110 octane Amoco gas. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Josh Wrucke jpwrucke@mtu.edu 92 Yamaha Blaster

Old 11-02-1999, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I run LRD pipes on my 99 Blaster and i have one word to say about them and that word is "AWESOME" !!! These pipes Rock! LRD Does make the best Blaster pipes BY FAR

Old 11-02-1999, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

I feel LRD makes the best pipes period. No matter what kind of quad.

Old 11-06-1999, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

i just ordered bills pipes for my 98' blaster and every body told me they are a good pipe.

Old 11-06-1999, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

4 wheel ATV action did a shootout on pipes. You can read it over at BC.

FMF is another good all around pipe.

YFS200

Old 11-08-1999, 07:33 PM
Range Rover

I am asking the same questioon to my self which pipe should i get for mine. Well i need a spark arrester to ride at some local national forests and not to many companys make them for there pipes, but i emails the pros at CT racing and they said there pipe and most others will fit the FMF silencers. DG sucks! Also at the site that these guys are talking about which is http://www.blastercentral.com they have the shoot out between pipes and sad even though the LRD pipe is said to be ajustable for performance they said it doest make enough to fell the diff settings. If you use there jetting i have heard it kicks ***. Just go to blastercentral.com which i must say is also a kick *** site for blaster owners.

Old 11-08-1999, 07:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I read the mag reviews and that's why I was wondering about LRD pipes. It seems by the graphs that the Trinity made the most power but, it was in upper rev's where the Blaster fades off. That's what I want because I ride in open field and paths (farmland) and snowmobile trails that are wide and like old railroad beds. Thanks for all your help guys.

------------------
Josh Wrucke jpwrucke@mtu.edu 92 Yamaha Blaster Boyesen Reeds

Old 05-19-2000, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

mr. insano,
does your pipe have mostly low,mid,or top end power?can you feel a difference when adjusting?how much did you change in the jetting?do you move the clip?

Quick Reply: Blaster Pipes