Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

banshe or scrambler 2stroke

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 11:23 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default banshe or scrambler 2stroke

I have a buddy that thinks his banshee (everything stock except full FMF) can outrun my 01' scrambler 400 2x4( .80 Wiseco piston, full FMF, VFORCE reeds, custom intake, hot seat clutch and much more) i wanna kno what you people think before he brings it down from PA to TN. Thanks

Old 03-13-2008 | 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Where in TN do you live?
The pipes will help his' but if he still has the stock airbox that will really restrict the airflow.
I honestly think you'll beat him.

Old 03-13-2008 | 04:51 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

jefferson county, not far from windrock or I-81

Old 03-21-2008 | 02:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

as a banshee lover, i think he'll dust you all day long... but as a true rider, you'll take 'em.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2008 | 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

banshee's are nice, but the 400 2strokes are tough one to overtake and with all your mods, im sure u got him!

Old 03-27-2008 | 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

come on, it's a banshee vs a utility-based automatic polaris, there's not much involved in this one. Banshees are built for speed, and that polaris is built for trail riding. Think about it. Banshee FTW!

I never saw anything impressive come out of any polaris other than the true sport models. Yeah the 400 is kinda fast, but for a 400 2 stroke it should be a lot faster than it is. The suspension is one of the biggest jokes too, and they weigh so damn much I can't even keep a straight face when I try to call one a sport quad.

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

ILL SAVE YOU THE TROUBLE. THE ANSWER IS HEEEEELLLLLL NOOOO! THE TOP SPEED OF A BANSHEE IS ABOUT 74 FROM WHAT I HAVE TESTED STOCK MANY TIMES. THE POLARIS TOPS OUT WELL BEFORE THEN. GETTING UP TO TOP SPEED IF THE BANSHEE WAS JETTED PROPERLY WOULD STILL WIN. THERE IS A SAYING "YOU CANT POLISH A TURD" MEANING YOUR POLARIS.

Old 03-31-2008 | 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

The polaris is like the banshee.There's plenty of potential in them.Yes,they are heavy stock but there is plenty of ways to lighten them up.
With the mods(even if the polaris loses),I bet it's alot closer than some of you guys think.
Alot will depend also where they race.The polaris won't have near as much trouble getting traction as the banshee will.
I've had both so I know some about both of them.
I raced a heavily modded sport back when I had a piped 660 raptor.It smoked the raptor.
Yes,the sport has potential.

Old 04-10-2008 | 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

A buddy of mine had a sport 400, tricked out. it was a joke with all the moeny he put into it and never did that great, until he put the clutch kit in and it came alive, still a big moving block though.... And the banshee is ancient but the polaris makes it look modern....

Old 04-11-2008 | 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that if you put the baddest banshee against the baddest sport,the polaris is going to take a butt kicking.I know of several guys and gals with them though that have got them to be very impressive.I hope to have mine running pretty strong as well.I know there will be quads I can beat and won't other.That's just how it is.
The polaris does require a little more attention to get it tuned right.You have to get it to where it runs in the desired rpm range.
If not,it's like a banshee that never hits the powerband.Get it right and then ya better hang on.
I know of several that have already broken into the mid-high 4's.
They are some pretty trick rides and have had quite a bit of money invested into them.

Quick Reply: banshe or scrambler 2stroke