Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

LT250R Overhaul Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb LT250R Overhaul Questions?

You can follow the full and original thread here: http://forums.atvconnection.com/suzu...l-project.html

But my current question is what are the shocks full of? Oil or gas? Because I want to swap over/change a reservoir & hose.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Angry

So I did all kinds of electrical work witch I will post later on, and I got the engine running again after the carb rebuild on the second kick! Riped it back into the sandpits again and it ran good for a while! Still starts and runs with no problem BUT there is this knocking sound coming from the block it sounds horrible, so I took this video quick before I shut it off:

LT250R *UNSOLVED PROBLEM* (Cell Phone) on Vimeo

YouTube - LT250R *UNSOLVED PROBLEM* (Cell Phone)

So I decided to rev it up expecting the worse at high RPMs with a possible bad engine bearing, nope it actually went away until it came back to around idle and I am pretty sure that wasn't just the exaust drounding out the knocking sound. The sound is coming from the clutch side, my guess is that "something" (gear, clutch basket, etc.) is loose and wobbles but just like a ball on a string gravity takes over when the RPMs increase and straighten out whatever is wobbling or loose sort of the same concept as a centrifugal go kart clutch. So I'll take it apart and lets HOPE it's not a main bearing or transmission problem!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Can you PLEASE look on my LT250R Overhaul thread I have no idea what the gear is the red arrow is pointing to I can not find it on my diagrams so I can't find out what kind of nut or clip was holding that sucker on! Thanks