Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

2002 900cc Grizz (Come see it Live in Action! (CHECK IT OUT)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come see at the ATV Jamboree Saturday July 20th 2002 and goes into Sunday.They are going to have a bunch of events. Check it out on the link below. Since I couldn't find a way to put the video on this site Now you'll just have to come to the Jamboree to see it live.Anyone else that has a project Quad can bring it.While I waited for my other Grizz to get back from the shop. I through some spare parts together and came up with 100mph+,100 foot rooster tail monster that goes through the mud excellent,handles pretty well down the trails and flys down the dirt road.I put it together to beat my son's banshee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] because he calls my Grizz a farmwagon. Well here is one farmwagon you don't want to mess with. I can ride this and not get covered in mud. http://photos.yahoo.com/fastsack [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

awesome! when i first saw this i thought i was a joke but i looked and sure enough there it is. thats sweet! is it still 4 wheel drive?

Old 02-28-2002, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

OMG you are gullible, do you know gullible isn't even in the dictionary [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] He just set Grizz Plastic on a sport quad, that he shoehorned a 900 into [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes I can make it a four wheel drive if I want to.But since it doesn't have reverse, I might as well keep it light and fly over the mud. With 27 inch tires I don't have to much trouble with the horsepower. The front tires kind of float.

Old 02-28-2002, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes Gullible is in the Webster dictionary, and no this was not a Sports Quad the only parts from a sports quad is the swing arm and handle bars. oh ya and the kill switch if I fall off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2002, 12:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

O.K. GUYS HERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF A WHAT I THREW TOGETHER. SO FAR SO GOOD.I HAD EXTRA PLASTIC FROM MY OTHER 2002 GRIZZ.I USED A 1973 KZ1 900 DONOR BIKE,AND THEN I USED A POLARIS FRAME FRONT HALF THAT WAS IN A FIRE.SANDBLASTED EVERYTHING TO CLEAN IT UP,HOOKED THE TWO TOGETHER THEN I HAD A WILDED LOOKING BACKWARDS 3 WHEELER[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I TRADED THE REST OF THE BURNED UP POLARIS FOR A REAR SWING ARM AND AXLE. I AM GOING TO PUT A NEW 630 O-RING CHAIN AND A 40 TOOTH SPROCKET WITH A 14 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET,BECAUSE FIRST GEAR WAS A LITTLE TO HIGH.EVEN WITH THE OLD RATIO MY SON WAS ROLLING SMOKE OFF THE 27 INCH MUDSHARK TIRES OUT IN THE BACK PARKING LOT.( I WAS IMPRESSED!) NOT TO GOOD FOR THE TIRES BUT SURE WAS NEAT.NEXT TIME I TAKE IT OUT I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER TO TAKE SOME ACTION PICS AND MAYBE EVEN THE MOVIE CAMERA. I AM POSTING NEW PICS OF WHAT I DID SO FAR, AFTER I WELD SOME SUPPORTS HERE AND THERE THEN I WILL PULL IT BACK APART, PAINT IT AND POST THE FINAL PROJECT GRIZZLY.
P.S. IT WAS A LOT CHEAPER AND FASTER THAN THE REAL GRIZZ. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE PROJECT GRIZZ?

http://photos.yahoo.com/fastsack

Old 03-16-2002, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

I'm impressed. Must be nice to be able to work with metal like that. I dab in welding a little (deer stands and such) but would never even attemp to put together a project like that. How much time do you have invested so far?

Old 03-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

OMG !!!! Usualy I all I here in this forum is BS stories of amazign things like what you have created. Now I see an awesome looking BEAST!! great job man!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Fastsack,

Great job! I like that. I wanted to ask you about the exhaust system on this machine. I notice that the exhaust pipes exit to the rear by way of underneath the machine. Do you have any plans for changing that or will you leave it as is?

I am considering a Honda CB350-F four cylinder as a possible powerplant for a custom quad. One of the challenges of building this thing is the exhaust system which runs underneath the frame, similar to yours. The only problem I see with that is that there is the potential for damage should I ever lack enough ground clearance.

Your quad seems to have quite a bit of ground clearance. Do you worry about damaging the exhaust system?

Old 03-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

SORRY DIDN'T GET BACK TO YOU GUYS SOONER BUT I HAD A GREAT WEEKEND IN THE MUD!!!AS FAR AS HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO CONSTRUCT THIS GRIZZ 900 SO FAR IS ABOUT 3 WEEKENDS, I HAD MORE TIME SPENT LOOKING FOR THE PARTS THAN ACTUALLY WORKING ON IT.THE EXHAUST IS GOING TO STAY THE WAY IT IS CUZ,I DO ALOT MORE TRAIL RIDING THAN WORLD RECORD HOLDING[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img](NOT THAT,THAT IS A BAD THING). THERE IS GOING TO BE A SKID PLATE BELOW THE EXHAUST,SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DAMAGING IT. I WANT TO PROTECT THE BELLY.I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A SKID PLATE.
http://photos.yahoo.com/fastsack

Quick Reply: 2002 900cc Grizz (Come see it Live in Action! (CHECK IT OUT)