Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Vinson & Water

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys.

I know I've posted a question about this topic before, but I just want to see if anyone out there has any different answers. I just got my quad back from the dealer. I had the shift kit put in the unit. The shifter works very well, no problems at all.

I'm still having some problem with the thing hesitating once I get out of the water. I 've gotten the bike in water that just covers the belt housing, no further. Once I've ridden in water that deep, I start to get a hesitation. I'm assuming the belt is slipping. I don't smell anything. Once, after a ride, I loosened the drain plug on the belt housing, no water. (This was several hours after the ride)

I've only read good things about the vinson and water. It doesn't appear that they have any problems. Could this be something else or has anybody experienced the same thing?

Normally, when the bike acts up, I just rev it up and it begins to work properly.

Thanks In advance for the response.

Cokerg