Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Mods on atvs

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2000, 12:41 AM
FMF
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am gust wondering what mods do all you have on your atv?
On my 00 Banshee I have Reed Spacers and a Boost Bottle and a Amp-Link and Cool Head with 22cc Domes and FMF Fatty Pipes and Power Core 2 Silencers and a Pro Flow kit and the Yamaha 6HP Piston kit and Toomey Racinr Super Cooler Banshee Radiator and Diamond Plate Skid Plate and a Banshee Custom Lite Bumper and a Banshee Radiator Grill wiyh flames and a water pump cover with flames and a clutch cover with flames and a sprocket skid plate and a Hinson side case and ITP Holeshot tires on Douglas Blue Labels and a Lone Star Axke and works performance front suspension and Roll Design A-Arms and Laegers steering stem and Graydon Proline nerfbars and Nac's Works kick Starter and Pro Desing Power Shifter and a Swingarm from Laegers and Fully Ported Banshee Cylinders and a super cooler and soon getting a 570 from Trinity

Old 04-11-2000, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Okay, here are a couple questions from a mod impaired banshee owner. (soon to get LRD exhaust)

1)What is a Power Shifter?

2)What mod made the most notable difference to your engine?

3)Are you having more fun now?

Old 04-11-2000, 01:17 AM
FMF
Pro Rider

The power Shifter is the shifting lever it is stronger then stock it is made by Pro design
I can't answer your second question yet I have not got my 570 kit but that will probabley be the most noticable and yes I am have more fun know

Old 04-11-2000, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

How much more bottom end do the FMF fatty pipes give your banshee?

I am considering buying an older banshee to run in some MX races this summer cause I know that my 300EX cant keep up on a dry, fast track and since they all race together here, I figure why not get something naturally fast. I was gonna just get an older banshee and then put those pipes on it and a new filter and leave it at that. But didtn know if the pipes would make enough difference to be able to have enough bottom end for competitive MX. Thanks

Old 04-11-2000, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

A stock Banshee has enough bottom end to be plenty competetive in recreational events.

Of course one with pipes will work just fine too

Old 04-11-2000, 12:17 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

If you what more low end git a set of Gnarly pipes it has handfuls of low end power

Old 04-11-2000, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!!! DO NOT GET A 570 KIT FROM TRINITY!!!!! They are slow as crap!! A true 350 that is built right will outrun them! Dont let trinity build anyhting you have. The slowest motors I have seen are trinity. I dont know how they can make those big motors so slow, but they do it. ANYBODY can build a better motor than they can. If you want to go that big, check out the superior sleeve monoblock www.superiorsleeve.com They make a ton of power. Those big motor dont hold up either. Trinity is a big gimick who have thrived on good advertising. I'm not saying this because I have a grudge against them, I have seen there work and hate to see people get screwed.

Old 04-12-2000, 12:56 PM
Trailblazer

I'll agree, Trinity is crap. One guy I knew put well over a grand in a Mojave 330 kit. That bike was SLOW. Not a whole lot faster than a stock Mojave w/ pipe and silencer. And then to top it off, the motor went to hell about a year and a half later. Do not buy from Trinity.

Old 04-16-2000, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 86 trx 250r with FMF gold series fatty pipe and a power core silencer,porting,wiseco +.020 piston. boyseon reeds, motion pro twist throttle,uni filter,itp holeshot mx tires on rear,mitchell red labels on rear,nac's cassaver, soon to be getting holeshot fronts on douglas red labels 20/11/9 6 ply razr's(on stock rear wheels) dg nerfs new holeshot mx tire,(do not buy they mx if punture resistance is an issue I have had mine a month and have already had 2 flats) I oredered the DG nerfs braking brake pads and holeshots 2 weeks ago from golden west and still haven't received them I ordered my pipe and silencer from there(at the same time) it came last thursfay but was for the 87-89 trx250r. I didn't want to mess with them any more so I made brakets so the pipe and silencer would fit. I orded the razr's and holehshot mx on friday from rocky mountain atv. well rmeber ride red ride smart and ride hard!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2000, 11:29 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

Cool I own a 89 250R with FMF pipes