Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

loss of synchronization

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woo hoo, my parts came in today! I hope to have good news soon...

Old 08-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

Well come to find out, the bottom end kit that Hot Rods sells that has everything needed for the bottom end rebuild DOES NOT include main (split) bearings and balancer bearings. We ordered them thru the dealership monday and dang it, gona be Tuesday at the earliest before they come in. Just cant win for losin on this thing.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Balancer bearings I can under stand,but the pics from Hot Rods shows the complete crank and bearings that come in the kit? http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13779075117008 Now I see the kit closer,notice that the plain bearings aren't there... Bummer...

Old 09-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

Well I guess the stars lined up just right. I finally got my 800 back and running!! Now on to the 1000 other things I have to fix on it lol. Do you know of a good affordable exhaust muffler other than the HMF Swamp Series?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Glad you finally got it running! Plenty of mufflers on Ebay,etc,but any time you go for performance mufflers the prices aren't cheap. Big Gun,Kerker,Performance Werks,Hmf and so on are proud of their products and price em accordingly.This is the cheapest one I've found so far.Polaris Sportsman 600 700 800 Performance Muffler Exhaust | eBay

Old 09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

I ordered a HMF. Now I have an issue with the solenoid/ignition system. The original solenoid went out (or so we thought) so the guy put an old replacement on it. The one on it had 2 small posts but the one he put on it onlyhad one. We ran a ground jumper to the battery on the extra wire coming from the main harness. Ok, with that solenoid, if we put a jumper cable wire on the hot lead very close to the solenoid, the key ignition would crank and start it. It acted like a bad battery and bad battery cable, you could jump the solenoid and it would fire right up. Heres where it gets funny. I put a new solenoid (exactly like the one he had with one small post) and replaced the battery cable and still the key ignition wont turn it over. The battery has 13 volts, the hot wire to the solenoid is hot. I have to jump the solenoid to get it to start. Im thinking Im not getting an ignition signal to the solenoid from the key..? Does that sound like a bad ignition?

Old 09-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Recheck your connections especially at the battery.Check the voltage on the starter wire when you try to crank it. If it's less than 12 volts then it could be a couple things. The battery even though showing 13 volts could have a weak cell and not have enough amps. Load testing it will eliminate the battery as a problem. If you're getting voltage to the solenoid wire the ignition switch "should" be okay in most cases,but you can't rule it out. Even a brand new solenoid could be defective out of the box.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I pulled a battery off another quad I have and it did the exact same thing so that makes me want to eliminate the battery as the problem. Im going to check my wiring and make sure its all good. Sorry to be a pain but Im so close to riding I can smell it!

Old 09-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Trailblazer

Got it fixed. It was just a bad ground between the solenoid and the frame. Thanks for all your help, I will post a pic when I get it completely finished.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

Can you tell me how the hall effect sensor and the awd system are related? I have done a lot of research and about half say that if your speed sensor goes bad then you loose awd and about half say that if your speedometer goes out then you loose awd. My service manual even wants me to test the sensor when troubleshooting the awd system. My sensor rubbed on the rotor and now I have no speedometer, it wont count the mileage, and the AWD system wont engage- the icon on the display wont come on. I toggled thru the diagnostics to the AWD and even when I switch it on it stills shows to be off. So should the hall effect sensor fix the probems Im having? They need to give you a raise on here OPT

Quick Reply: loss of synchronization