Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

06 sportsman eps question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 sportsman eps question

i have this 2006 sportsman 500 efi,can you tell me if this alternator will handle,lets say eps from superatv or can the alt be upgraded.i really love this machine,,very dependable.im getting a little older and i would like to stay in the game if you know what i mean.i would appreciate your input. thanx a bunch.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

260 watt alternator. Should be plenty enough not to tax the system.Plus the one from Super Winch I saw would work on the lower out put 400 also.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a bunch,just want to cover my bases before i make a big purchase. what is your opinion on these aftermarket eps systems.have you tried any.any recommendations.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:22 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Nope,no experience with any aftermarket ones,just the ones that came from Polaris.Looks like EZ-Steer is one of the popular ones.https://www.superatv.com/categories/powersteering