Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Clutch question for the experts

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Clutch question for the experts

I have a 2001 sportsman 500HO with EBS that I recently bought and have been trying to revive. Got it running well and then started having creeping issues. I removed the primary and took it to a shop to have it looked at and they tried everything but could not get it apart. Apparently it has seen better days.
So now, I thought about buying a new aftermarket clutch from Parts Ace, but would prefer to have a Polaris parts. Also I would like to change it to non-EBS and for this I would need a non-EBS secondary as well.
I have read that many different years and models can be interchanged.

So my question for the experts is what year(s)/model(s) with non-EBS will fit my machine ? (so I can begin searching for a used set on flea-bay)
If anyone has a primary AND secondary for my conversion I would be happy to purchase if the price is right.

Thanks in advance

Old 04-22-2019, 07:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NOT AN EXPERT JUST TRYING TO HELP!
polaris non ebs primary # 1321976 just put in your 2001 500 weights and spring as far as secondary not sure if or what will Fit Sportsman if secondary splines same? believe they are.

I converted over my 04 Polaris atp 500 from EBS to I used 330 magnum primary [NON EBS] just put in my weights and primary spring [from ebs clutch] AND used a 2004 330 magnum secondary NON EBS and belt # 3211077 [ didn't change any springs on SECONDARY just replaced worn ramp buttons] maybe someone has suggestions for secondary? thought I heard you could use the old ebs belt on non ebs clutches but cant use standard belt on ebs ???

Old 04-24-2019, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 850 trailrider
NOT AN EXPERT JUST TRYING TO HELP!
polaris non ebs primary # 1321976 just put in your 2001 500 weights and spring as far as secondary not sure if or what will Fit Sportsman if secondary splines same? believe they are.

I converted over my 04 Polaris atp 500 from EBS to I used 330 magnum primary [NON EBS] just put in my weights and primary spring [from ebs clutch] AND used a 2004 330 magnum secondary NON EBS and belt # 3211077 [ didn't change any springs on SECONDARY just replaced worn ramp buttons] maybe someone has suggestions for secondary? thought I heard you could use the old ebs belt on non ebs clutches but cant use standard belt on ebs ???
Thanks for the reply 850 trailrider