Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

1995 Magnum 425 4x4 issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Magnum 425 4x4 issues

Hello,

I have a 95 Magnum 425 4x4 that I can not seem to get running. It will idle for about 10 seconds, and then die out like you shut the key off.

What I have replaced all together through out rebuilding it and getting it going again

key switch and key
CDI - 3 of them
stator and pickup coil
regulator - 2 of them
spark plug
ignition coil
battery
handlebar switch with on/off and headlights
terminal board
fuel pump and lines

radiator and hoses
top end gasket kit
500 HO cam and rockers - upgrade
OE carb and intake boot
air box with filter
choke cable
timing is set and valves adjusted

I have good spark because I have a inline spark tester. I have good fuel flow. I have tried to gravity feed it as well. I have adjusted the valves when I installed a 500 HO cam and rockers. I have checked the electrical connections. I have good compression. I have not messed with the carb as it is a new OE Mikuni carb ($200). I have un hooked the ETC circuit. It does seem to start better with the black wire on the CDI disconnected so I was told to replace the key switch again and the handle bar switch.

The only way I can get it to run longer is if I hold the throttle open 3/4 of the way. But then it seems to get hot very quick.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will try to post a few videos of it later.

Thanks