Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2003 Magnum 325 need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Magnum 325 need help

I have a 2002 Polaris 325 magnum 4x4 and i just needed some quick help. The engine cooler oil lines had leaks so I took them off and had new ones made at a hose shop. But without thinking i didn't mark which hose goes to which side on the radiator. One hose comes from the oil filter (left side) and the other one come from the engine (right side) do i just hook them up left to left and right to right? and i also drained the oil for an oil change, do I have to purge the lines or anything? Thanks.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i figured it out, the engine hose goes to the right side without the temp sensor and the oil filter goes to the left side with the temp sensor. Because it pumps hot oil from the engine into the rad and then once cool it travels to the filter. All i did to purge the lines was pull it over a few times until i got oil pressure.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

They made this a little easier on the 330 with the inlet and outlet tubes on separate sides of the oil cooler. The 325 has both tubes together. Right tube is the inlet as you say,left side is outlet.Glad you figured it out.Oil pumps would prime up quick on these machines.