Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Warn XT30 mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn XT30 mount

Looks like Warn partnered with Polaris on the RT30's and left themselves out of any market providing mounts for the synthetic line XT version.

Any word on who will be the first to provide these? (somebody made mention of the Polaris R30 mount not being availiable separately; yet am unsure if this is correct).

Thanks.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warn XT30 mount

if you've got a welder and a way to cut plate i can tell you how to make one pretty easily, i've done two of them now.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warn XT30 mount

Sold! I've got both and appreciate the help in finding this info. I'll pm and thanks again.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warn XT30 mount

not much to it at all, you'll need a pice of 1/8" plate and a piece of 2" angle iron.
cut your plate to 8" x 5" and cut a piece of angle iron 5" long
cut two triangluar gussets 2 x2 or 2 x 1.5 (i do mine 2x1.5)

cut the center out of one side of your piece of angle iron.. (cut one whole side out of the piece of angle less about a 3/4" leg on each end) that's kinda hard to explain..

anyway, the angle iron welds to the plate so you have a plate then a 2" upkick (there is a hole in the upkick from what your removed from the angle iron) then it kicks back forward again.

put the gussets in to help support what your removed from the angle iron..
i really should have taken a picture. sorry.

anyhow the plate goes in the rzr just above the front diff, the crossmembers are already drilled for the plate, you just lay your plate in there and mark it for holes..

if that didnt make sense, let me know i can draw a picture that will surely be clearer.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Warn XT30 mount

I vote for a picture. It will save a thousand words.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thanks for this information, a picture would be helpful.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warn XT30 mount

Thanks, Marty. I'm assuming that this gets you the same clean look as the Polaris stock setup using the RT30 and that there are no other parts like extra plastic to purchase?

Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warn XT30 mount

i've never seen the stock rzr setup but ya i guess so.. it does require an external fairlead and the rzr has a funky fairlead mount, i just finished making a new fairlead cage that puts it right outside the hole like it needs to be i havent put it on mine yet other than mocking it up. i just painted it and it's drying.
i put some pics of it and of the winch plate on www.extremerzr.com, go to the photo gallery and look in rzr parts.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer
Default Warn XT30 mount

Love your ideal of the fender bag between the seats. Very nice ideal. What is the red thing behind the seats? Is it a gas tank? Looks like the winch plate is simple but the fairlead cage is more complicated. What are you showing on bottom of the back platform?

Old 06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warn XT30 mount

that's the radio behind the seats. i made a lock and ride boombox mount.
ya the fairlead cage is more complicated. if you look at the frame mounts and where this fairlead is supposed to be connected, you see why.

people have been asking what the back of the plate goes into, that pic is for them to see what crossmember i'm talking about

Old 07-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warn XT30 mount

where do u see pictures of all that

Quick Reply: Warn XT30 mount