Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Things are really DEAD out here!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things are really DEAD out here!!

then send them to me as a private message. beside do not let the opinions of others bother you. You are the only one that will know if it truely does what you want it to when you are out there.
Now my next statement is not ment to offend anyone but we know that "Opinions are like a-holes, we all have one" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now kick back and enjoy one of those 24 beers......[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] on me.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:01 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] Thanks, I needed that.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Pro Rider

Sure, post away.......

I would be very interested in how to get that many seats on it?? ha ha

I think the RZR is going to be a great platform to build on.

My hopes are to NOT have to test my Roll Cage....but, I am pretty sure that it will give me more protection than my Raptor will. ha ha

Old 08-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZ
"Does it matter? The cage doesn't have to be race ready. It's a pre runner, not a racer. Do you know the difference?..."

As a matter of fact, yes, it does matter to me and I not only told you as much; but offered that there are many others out there who would be very much interested in your fabrication story; none the less.

"...Is your RZR cage gonna protect you in a rollover with no head, neck or shoulder protection? How thick is the metal in it? How about those weak seatbelts you have?..."

The Polatris Rzr is a bone stock mass-produced machine that the government chooses to regulate (or not) the day it rolls off the assembly floor.
Do I believe it is the 'safest' UTV offered for sale on the new machine market? No.
Do I believe in adding seats to these machines (in your case, literally doubling the capacity) without requiring that these roll cages literally be race-ready and much stronger than even the OEM product? Yes.
I know of at least one major aftermarket vendor that has chosen not to offer (and passed on a lot of cash) these "look, I can fab a grocery getter!" designs and I am 100% behind both their stand on this issue and the indisputable logic behind it. And since you have been so 'nice' in my response to your inquiry...I will tell you one more thing that I had ommited earlier out of courtesy and an unwillingness to burst your bubble:
The fact that our lawmakers haven't caught up with these 'bend a bar and call it good' shadetree projects in the UTV industry is both a travesty and an accident waiting to happen that will continually scar this sport well into the future (in other words, until somebody has the guts to start talking about it and stands up like a man to truly legislate this crap).

"...You should worry more about yourself and your equipment before analyzing mine...."

You asked me for your opinion...I gave it to you.('nicely' at first; not as much so, now)

"...Don't try to point out something to me you know nothing about or are you doing it just to argue?..."

I am pretty certain that you neither know me personally; nor know what I do or don't....and if you're this defensive when someone gives you an opinion that you've asked for in the first place...it doesn't really surprise me that you thenm want to accuse them of "arguing" with you, to boot.

"...I'm pretty sure I know a little more about this then you do so keep your fabricating opinions to your self please....I know all about you, so don't start with me...."

'wow'.... (lol) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The next time you indeed ask for my opinion....I'll 'pass' if you don't mind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

I posted that Honda of Hurley still had 2 that were unspoken for. My buddy just got back on Sunday and confirmed to me that they are still there.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

BB, where did I ask for your opinion? I asked if anyone would like to see pics of it when it was done, not BB, please analyze my project and tell me if it passes your construction standards. If I did please point it out. Trust me this ain't no "shadetree bend pipe and call it good" project. Take a look at my pics and tell me if the purple truck is a shade tree job. Yep, the whole thing is made by myself and 3 others. J-arms, spindles, trailing arms, rear end, cage, chassis......etc. I think we have an idea on "doubling the capacity" of my Ranger. It's lighter, stronger, safer, unique and is well below the payload capacity.

So the next time you think that I ask for your opinion even though I didn't and never will please stick to your word and "pass" I'd appreciate it.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: blackballed

I'm interested if the cage protecting your passengers is truly race-ready and made to protect the passengers 100% in a rollover. Otherwise, I'm sure that there are many out there who don't give a rip one way or the other and would be interested none the less.</end quote></div>

If you are truly this upset by the above...I don't know what to tell you other than to have a good day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

LTZ, I'm not going to get in a pissin match here, but when you post on a Forum, then you are indeed open to the opinion of all of us. No one here needs to get on step. It is always hard to understand the true feeling of a post, such as mine here, it is given with the kindest of intentions but some may veiw it as sticking my big nose in. (again)

So lets ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Captn

Old 09-06-2007, 09:35 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is a pic I took out at Pismo this past week. It's about 95% finished. I still need to do the rear foot wells in Line-X, the tilt steering, wheels and tires, relocate the E-brake and a few cosmetic things.
Name:  DSC03339.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  2.7 KB

Old 09-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Can you post a bigger photo?? It looks good.

Quick Reply: Things are really DEAD out here!!