Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

RZR ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RZR ?'s

My wife and I have been looking at RZR's. I've never driven a side by side of any kind so I have ?'s. Of course Polaris likes to talk like it is just insane performance and compared to other side by sides that may be true but we are still talking about a 1000 pound side by side so how sporty is it really? I mean is it just marginally better than the utility side by sides or is it Honda Pilot type performance with 2 seats? I would also like to hear any comments about the suspension. They show it in the commercials getting about 2 or 3 feet of air but it looks like it landed pretty hard.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default RZR ?'s

by the list of mods on your kfx700 says it all, the only side by side you would be happy with would be the RZR. do the same type of mods. to it and you will be fine.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default RZR ?'s

You know I didn't even think about it until you said it. The basic mod list for the RZR would be VERY similar wouldn't it.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default RZR ?'s

the RZR is good out of the box, but you can't leave them alone.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default RZR ?'s

I know......coffee, booze, cigarettes......none of these addictions can hold a candle to a modding addiction......especialy if you're starting point is show room stock.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was thinking about getting an engine kit either stock bore or maybe a 715 kit......but once that is done, I'm kind of worried that if I have nowhere else to go with more modds I might get borred with it and then have to sell it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default RZR ?'s

the rzr is nice, just make sure you dont run it hard in awd low gear because the way the belt drive is at high rpms the belt will snap when it is on a bind in low other than that its a blast, the throttle is very touchy and we have had a lot of people put foam pads under the gas pedal to make it not so touchy

Old 07-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default RZR ?'s

There are many upgrades and mods you can do on the Polaris RZR. Anywhere from mild to wild...depending on your pocket book.

The RZR definitely has a better pickup than the Rhino and sits lower too (stock form).

Here at two RZR projects that can give you an idea of what is out there:

RZR Long Travel Project

Project Polaris RZR

Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default RZR ?'s

We own a RZRand have rode in a Rhino and with out a doubt the RZR handles much better, and absorbs bumps alot nicer. It also has exceptional speed and power (can beat four wheelers in races w/ two people in it) we have used it to pull out trees and haul loads of Gravel, mulch, rocks , and other debry. On the trails it handles very nice. I haven't ever really felt it start to tip. The only downsides are that there is no parking brake and a touchy throtle which can be solved with a heavier trottle spring.