Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

RZR air box

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RZR air box

So, has Polaris fixed the leaky air box problem yet??? Other sites say no, all they did was make it bigger.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default RZR air box

are you refering to the air intake or the filter canister?

Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default RZR air box

which everone is letting the dirt in the engine. I believe they only made the filter canister bigger. I would buy one but I'm not to happy about dirt in my oil. It's dusty where I ride. I hear that the 800 breaths so much air that it sucks it in where ever it can.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default RZR air box

Hey HD...I was on PRCFORUM yesterday and a chap on there had a new 2009 with the upgrades and he wasn't getting any dust in the throttle body.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Range Rover
Default RZR air box

I just purchased a 2009 and for sure will keep an eye on it.
I had the same problem with my Kawi 750 BF. Had to redo the valves twice and cylinders once. Second time I was running a Twin Air air filter. KHate it when that happens. They know these things are going to be rode in the dust, in and around water and anything else that comes up. They should make the intake one of the most important features.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default RZR air box

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hotdogmb

which everone is letting the dirt in the engine. I believe they only made the filter canister bigger. I would buy one but I'm not to happy about dirt in my oil. It's dusty where I ride. I hear that the 800 breaths so much air that it sucks it in where ever it can.</end quote></div>

Well, my friend and I took our '08 RZR's to the shop a couple of weeks ago for the intake problem. They installed the kit to fix the problem and ended up replacing the rings, honeing the cylinders and doing a valve job for us. They also gave us the replacement filter (We'll stick it on the shelf; already have the UNI filter). So, now it's time to break it in again. Hopefully this time, without dust going into the engine. The service manager told us that the problem was fine dust getting by the airbox/airboot seal. From the factory they didn't seal it; now they do. Anyway, hope this is some help for others.