Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

switching to a SXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switching to a SXS

Last weekend my Gf and I went out to a polaris dealer. We had been thinking about buying a SXS, because we both ride on my honda rancher 420 which is cramped, and up until last weekend I wanted a yamaha rhino 450 4x4. Then we statred to look at the Ranger 400 H.O. This machine is priced lower than a rhino and has close to the same straight line acceleration as the rhino 700, and close to the same top speed. I was offered to test drive any model I wanted as long as it was outside already, but I declined because it was snowing/raining. We are really interested in the 400 H.O and the RZR 800 mainly because of their trail capabilities. I know they aren't even the same breed of machine. I dont plan on working the RZR 800 any more than towing a small trailer around the house to pick up tree limbs. I want to know what people think of eitehr one of these machines compared to a yamaha. I also want to know if it would be worth trading my rancher in, which im still making payments on. obviously as long as i would get what i owe on my rancher i think either one would be a great investment.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The RZR would have no problem towing a trailer around and is the fastest SXS out there right now. The Ranger 400 is not as capable as a Rhino 700 which also has a huge aftermarket. (The RZR has a huge aftermarket also) The Ranger 400 will give you more toting than the RZR with the Rhino in second place, followed by the RZR. RZR is definetly the most fun of the 3.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

First off, THANK YOU for replying. i have a thread in Yamah rhino spot, and still no one has replied to it. we are definately leaning towards the RZR mainly because its sporty, and fun, and will fit into the back of my pick up. i am going to head to the dealer this weekend and see what financing deals they have going, if they have the same one as last week and i can get what i owe on my 07 rancher, i will be a proud owner of a SXS. finally we would be able to ride double in comfort!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

My son wants to get one so I've studied them extensively. They also have a pretty low center of gravity compared to any other SXS. If you have a full size pickup it should just fit between the wheel wells in the bed. Let us know if you get one.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

First off let me just start by saying that I feel like a spoild brat. I traded in my honda rancher 420 and got a few hundred more than I owed which suprised me. We ended up buying a 2009 Polaris RZR hold over. This only had 2.2 miles on it when we got it home. This thing is amazing and I cant wait to get it out on some trails. From where I have taken in on our 14.2 acres which has a steep up hill and I mean steep up hill. Put thr RZR in low and it will crawl. The ride is so much smoother than my rancher, and it has a sweet speedometer,tach, trip, hour, and clock. I didnt get any accessorries today as we spent enough to get it home, but soon. I havent driven any other SXS only ridden in a Teryx and i have to say that this thing has less cabin noise, and more HP.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Range Rover

First off congrats on the new ride. 2nd my condolences to your wallet. To many neat things to add on to the RZR. You are going to begin having a lot of fun very soon. Love mine, except for wash time. They are hard to get clean, but worth it.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats Leroy so what color get some pics up man thanks

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know how to post pictures on here, but if someone wants to help me i would be glad to show my red rzr with a few up grades

Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

When you post a reply there is a section at the bottom of the page that opens that has a button that says: Manage attachments. Click on it, then click Browse, find the digital image on your computer, and click upload. I did it and this is how it comes out:

Attached Thumbnails switching to a SXS-renegade-001.jpg  
Old 04-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

here are a few pics of my 09' rzr, and one picture of all 3 of my rides. One is a 95' KX 125, and the other is my 05' 400ex which I bought brand new in 05 after i got out of college.

Attached Thumbnails switching to a SXS-img_0017.jpg   switching to a SXS-img_0018.jpg  

Quick Reply: switching to a SXS