Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Quality concenrs with razor xp 900

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Quality concenrs with razor xp 900

My new razor xp 900 has been in the shop for 2 weeks waiting on parts from the factory they failed to complete its assembly obviously when I purchased it.
Quality concerns
- wiring not secured to battery / the ones attached were loose, one ground wire was not even attached
- Cross/ hip bar was loose- we had to tighten it
- lots of loose nuts and bolts- we spent the afternoon finding and
re tieghtened
- Front brake calipers missing bolts to hold parts on, rock guards had come
loose just riding along the rotor loose between the rim and rotor
- I called delership to complain and they said it was the factory's fault---------------- called factory they said it was the dealerships fault---
this polaris razor xp 900 only had 17 hrs on it during all these problems when I took it back to the dealership, it has been in ther two weeks waiting on nuts and bolts from the factory to finish the assembly -- so far hope it is ready this friday, we will see, also hope this time it is a finished piece of equipment instead of a work in progress--

Old 02-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Range Rover

Sorry to hear that, it seems that the Polaris quality has gone down hill in my opinion.

A couple of months after my warranty expired with about 50 some miles, the in-tank fuel sender went out and they wanted $700 to replace the tank with sender, I'm not impressed with the quality (or lack there of) in their product.

Good luck with the outcome of your assembly completion....

Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

pay what 15 k for the 900 rzr you would think the nuts and bolts would of been all in place. Id a tad angry as well, quality control department must been drinking vodka when they let this one by.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

This guy is just a troll. Have never heard anything like this. Even if it is true, who cares....a few nuts and bolts were "loose and missing". Go look at the damn parts list and buy some new ones. Why on earth would you let a new XP900 sit at some dealers shop collecting dust for a few missing bolts. This guy would be eaten alive and spit out over in the RZR forums with such a lame post. He's just tryin to stir ****. 3 posts.... Joke.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

A few missing nuts and bolts/ electrical system not completly installed--
is more than just finding them and tightening them-- I have rebuilt a lot of 2 and 4 stroke motors in my time but in this case there are serious liability issues. If you jump in to finish the build then by law anything that goes wrong is now your fault// as it turns out the parts that keep rocks out from the rotor and caliper were not connected- as soon as they got some crap in them they locked up. Bad timing because the razor was drifting in loose dirt when the front left rotor assembly locked up and pitched the unit on its side.
We dug out the small crap out from the assembly and that was when we noticed the assembly was not put together -- missing bolts from the factory

Also the engine cover behind the seats got over heated and melted a small part on the cover//

Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
This guy is just a troll. Have never heard anything like this. Even if it is true, who cares....a few nuts and bolts were "loose and missing". Go look at the damn parts list and buy some new ones. Why on earth would you let a new XP900 sit at some dealers shop collecting dust for a few missing bolts. This guy would be eaten alive and spit out over in the RZR forums with such a lame post. He's just tryin to stir ****. 3 posts.... Joke.
It appears to be a safety issue and I think those who buy one should have it brought to their attention.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunRide
This guy is just a troll. Have never heard anything like this. Even if it is true, who cares....a few nuts and bolts were "loose and missing". Go look at the damn parts list and buy some new ones. Why on earth would you let a new XP900 sit at some dealers shop collecting dust for a few missing bolts. This guy would be eaten alive and spit out over in the RZR forums with such a lame post. He's just trying to stir ****. 3 posts.... Joke.
FunRide, I have the utmost respect for your opinion, however that was pretty harsh. I know that if I had spent the money that guy had on a new ride, and had the same issues. I most likely would have posted something similar. Also, I have posted on issues that I have had with my Hawkeye and other people knowing about such issues didn't give me a hard time about posting. With a new model vehicle there will always be some problems that need to get worked out.....as well as-There will always be a FIRST post from someone pointing out the issue.

I am giving the guy the benefit of the doubt due to the fact he isn't bashing Polaris or calling their product a POS. He was just posting to vent some steam and to let others know to watch out for potential issues. AND...You know Polaris is known to have QC issues at times. Luckily for him, he isn't waiting for a new transmission after only 13 miles on the odometer like I was with my Hawkeye. Also he isn't telling people to go to a different manufacturer like most other people who post BS just to bash the Polaris name.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 PM

Paulbarnes, I don't know what sort of warranty you got with your new ride. But speaking from experience...I was able to get my warranty extended for the 3 weeks my Hawkeye was in the shop waiting on parts and repairs. Just something you might want to push for with your dealer to keep you a happy customer. Good Luck, and I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of your xp 900 once everything gets taken care of.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd be pretty steamed laying down enough money to buy a small car on a SXS and having that many things not right from the factory. These kinds of issues give American makers a bad name. I hope they stand behind their product and make things right. I love my Polaris but if I had those kinds of issues right from the factory I'd honestly be a little hesitant about buying again. I'm brand loyal when my brand is loyal to me. Hope everything gets worked out Paul.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I'd be pretty steamed laying down enough money to buy a small car on a SXS and having that many things not right from the factory. These kinds of issues give American makers a bad name. I hope they stand behind their product and make things right. I love my Polaris but if I had those kinds of issues right from the factory I'd honestly be a little hesitant about buying again. I'm brand loyal when my brand is loyal to me. Hope everything gets worked out Paul.

Well said Moose.

Quick Reply: Quality concenrs with razor xp 900