Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Polaris utv1500 (PPS) will not start

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris utv1500 (PPS) will not start

Need help, has the robin twin cylinder EH65 freshly rebuilt, has compression (90 psi), spark, new plugs but switched out to check. cleaned and put in new fuel, carb kit put in, new fuel cutoff switch. Checked timing and valve adjust all is good on the basics, have replaced stop diode also, turns over just fine. Still no luck.

I received this from a buddy, it had set for a while, I found what would appear to be some sort of relay that may have been wired in at one time, to possibly by pass oil pressure switch for low pressure start situations. Similar to what you might see on a welder setup, the motor was out and this relay was laying in the bed.

Thoughts on on where to go, how can I check the ECM?

Old 10-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

We didn't order any Polaris Profession Series but we did sell one or two TM 1500s which were basically the same.PPS were yellow and a little beefier. Can't offer much help on this as we only had one come back in for a tuneup and never saw another one. The manual is the only thing I can think of that can help if you don't already have one. TM,but electronics were supposedly the same.2004 Polaris Ranger 650 TM Service Manual PDF Download

Old 10-23-2017, 08:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks OPT, this one has me stumped for sure, I have the service manual, but so far have not been able to trace down/solve. As I noted, I have all the combos to make it fire, but so far no luck on solving.