Best clutch kit for polaris sportsman 450 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Best clutch kit for polaris sportsman 450

Old 11-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Best clutch kit for polaris sportsman 450

I purchased a 2006 polaris sportsman 450 not the HO a month ago. It was taking almost 2500 rpms to get moving. So I was told to replace the belt. Did that and brought it down to about 2300 rpm to move. The next thing I was told is to get a clutch kit for more torque and better acceleration. So I carry me and my girl and a color about 300 lbs what clutch kit do you use what should I go for, for my needs?
Thanks!!!

Old 11-13-2017, 04:32 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Being almost 12 years old replacing the drive clutch guide buttons,ramp buttons in the rear clutch might pick things up. Cheaper than a clutch kit and may be needed to be done anyway. If you still want a clutch kit,here's one that would help.https://quadshopcustoms.com/products...ortsman-400450 Most kits improve acceleration but you could lose some top end speed.If that's not a problem then go for it..

Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks you! And yeah I thought about putting a little bigger tire for some occasional mud. Top speed isn't really a factor for me. But thank you!