Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

00 Scrambler Belt Slippage

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2000, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have problems with belt slippage on the 00 scrambler when going through water? Is the belt cover supposed to be water tight?

Old 05-04-2000, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

It happened to me only once. Splashing aroung in real deep H2O! It's the way the intake for the PVT is placed. When I get done building my garage, I am going to custom snorkel my 2000Scram400. The belt cover seems to be pretty water-tight... Others on this forum have had water get in through the cover...they put some silicone around.

Old 05-05-2000, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. What does PVT stand for? Sorry, I'm a newby!

Old 05-05-2000, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

Polaris Variable Transmission.

Old 05-07-2000, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Be Careful!!!

My buddy has a 99 Scrambler 500. He vented the pipe all the way up to the handlebars with some plastic dryer pipe. It must have not been getting enough air, since it caused the clutch guard/cover to create a vaccum, sucking in the cover. The extra heat and wear caused the secondary clutch to wear right through the guard. Now the secondary is showing through the guard and he needs a new cover. Make sure that you are allowing enough air to get in.

BD---'00 MAGNUM 325 4X4

Old 05-08-2000, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know how to fix belt slippage on the scramblers
BUY A HONDA!!!!

Old 05-08-2000, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

trx300ex
After reading the original question posted by 00Scramble, I don't recall him asking what kind of machine he wanted to buy. The guy ask a good Polaris question and you come over here from the Honda forum and reply he should by a Honda. If you do not have anything constructive to say in your reply, go back to your own forum. If you want to start a Honda/Polaris arguement thread, start a new one, they tend to be pretty funny.

Old 05-08-2000, 01:00 PM
jim
Pro Rider

Do you think it comes in thru the exhaust or cant that happen if your on the throttle? The exhaust is lower than the intake.
Thanks
Jim

Old 05-08-2000, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I love it when a honda guy comes and makes a comment about polarises. What are you doing over in the Polaris forum any way? Thinking of getting one? I run my sp500 stock, and it'll go where most modified Hondas can't. I live in Louisiana, and we have some pretty bad holes down here. By the time my belt starts slipping, the Hondas have gone dead from water getting in the carb. Meanwhile, we both have to get pulled from the hole. Me without water in my oil and without having to drain the carb. The honda, with water in the oil, has to drain the carb and change the oil about 5 or six times. All I have to do is run mine in neutral for about 3 minutes and alls well. I've seen Polarises go through stuff and never slow down that stopped any Honda without a snorkel kit. So, just go back to the losers' forum and talk baby stuff, like how to get the water out of the oil in your bike. If you want to really test that heap of junk, go riding where the real men go, follow me.

Old 05-08-2000, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

00scramble
My brother has a 2000 Scrambler and he has the same trouble. When he hits the water very hard it does the same thing. If he hits it slower and then opens it up after he is in the water, there is no trouble. I think if you hit any water real fast this could happen. It has happen to me on my Yamaha that I just sold and I have seen it happen to Hondas. I now have a 2000 Trail Blazer and if I don’t stop, it don’t slip and 75 % of my riding is in mud and water.

Ps trx300exx Throw me your rope and I will pull you out.

Quick Reply: 00 Scrambler Belt Slippage