Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Goodbye Predator

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye Predator

PI$$ off predator530, heh heh heh, j/k!! I like the predators top end but if it had more low to mid it would be the quad to beat and that is the honest to god truth!!

NuG

Old 05-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Goodbye Predator

You guys remind me of an office full of women (sorry ladies but you know it's true..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]).
Anyway, I saw a Predator this weekend at the stealership while looking for some main jets for my Raptor. Looks nice....and it seems too sit LOW. Sat on it and my first impression was yuk.....the seat-tank junction is a mile wide. Low end power is very handy out on the trail.....can the Predator lift the front end at 30mph on the trail and clear a log laying sideways? Or does the Predator hit the log and follow the log off the trail?

Old 05-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Goodbye Predator

Nug and Garyc,
I completely agree, top end is good, but like I've said in other posts, polaris geared the pred high to make it's top-end comparable to a raptor. I now have mine geared 13/38 (14/37 is stock), which now gives me the same gear ratio as a raptor. This thing flat out rips the bars out of your arms with low tourqe now. Perfect for woods racing!! And now yes, in 3rd and even 4th gear I have the ability to get the front end up to loft a log or puddle at speed. True, the seat is a little stiff, but I bet you can find a place that deals in apolstry that can put a softer foam in for you. I don't mind the stiff seat cuase I ride aggressively enough, I don't spend a lot of time in it!!!

Old 05-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Goodbye Predator

The price for the Predator was $5,700.....which is very well priced against the competition....is that retail?

Old 05-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Goodbye Predator

The predator is a good first yaer guad,but who in there irght mind dont put a reverse on a guad now days.You would think for the price they would.I rode a pred,and wasnt very impressed with it my raptor easily bet my buddies pred.The motor just doesnt have any power it seams weak.

Old 05-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Goodbye Predator

I can't wait to see if within the next couple of years that the Predator is fixed and will be an excellent Low to Top end range machine!!

~NuG~

Old 05-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Goodbye Predator

Originally posted by: super400
The predator is a good first yaer guad,but who in there irght mind dont put a reverse on a guad now days.You would think for the price they would.I rode a pred,and wasnt very impressed with it my raptor easily bet my buddies pred.The motor just doesnt have any power it seams weak.
Dude !!! motors weak?? You must of rode a raptor with pred plastic on it.JK I think the pred rips. I dont agree with your statement..Sorry

Old 05-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Goodbye Predator

im' being nothing but serious chubby nug, are you a real big guy? i think that the preadator likes people around the 150-200 lbs. range. if your 300+, i would not expect the quad to satisfy you stock.

Old 05-30-2003, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default Goodbye Predator

sure the predator may have problems right now but by next year they sould have alot of these little mess up figured out and it will be the machine to beat. JMO!

Old 05-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Goodbye Predator

At least you didn't get ripped off by purchasing Superbike Shop's ridiculous "Air Force Kit."

I bought two, one for each of my Predators, and they ran much worse with them installed. They made my "popping" issue much worse.

And then to add insult to injury, the owner, Gary, wouldn't honor a "100% satisfied, money back guarantee" he promised.

Oh well, such is life. At least I learned a few things from this experience!

Rob

Quick Reply: Goodbye Predator