Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hsp customer service

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hsp customer service

went riding last weekend and burnt a hole thru the black plastic cover that shields the pipe from your leg on the right side of my t.b. took it off to put a heat tile on it and noticed that the pipe was loose. it was good up front but upon further inspection i discovered that the lower mount around the silencer was broken. there is a hole completely thru the packing and i can see the inner core.... it looks like the bracket weld burned thru the pipe at time of assembly. anyone heard of this, or had to deal with hsp customer service? ive had the kit less than a year, but who knows when this happened just didnt notice until it burned thru the plastic..... any help

Old 06-04-2003, 01:19 AM
Range Rover

I bought a 2002 scram 400 4x4 and got the hsp speed kit + billet premium head at time of purchase and sent them several e-mails over several days and never got any replies.. I had to modify most of my springs on the exhaust to get it tight and it says to use the stock mounting bolts which didn't fit so i had to modify that too. put the pipe on about 5+ times to get the best clearance from shift linkage, electrical on top of the engine, and plastic heat shield. about a week after I thought I had it right ( or best it would fit any way) I took the rear plastic off and found it to be melted about half way through. i put hte heat tiles on also seems to be helping alot but it still lets you know if you rest your leg on it for more than a minute. I hope you have better luck than me with them. From now on I am dealing with rick ritter i hear many many good things about him going the extra mile and backing his product hard to find these days

Old 06-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

what performance problems would i run into by replacing just the pipe off my t.b. and going with a different manufacturer, and getting away from hsp???? i got the whole speed kit from hsp so would changing the pipe really matter?

Old 06-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I think the only thing I ever got from HSP for the motor was oil and starter block offs which fit perfectly, but I did get an alignment tool a few months ago from them. I ordered it via the internet and it says in the comments to put what year machine to be sure they send the right product. Well, I ordered the tool and in the comment section I put that it was for my Scrambler. Well, when it got here, it was a really big one for the snowmobiles. I called them and they said to send it back and they would send the correct tool. I had to pay shipping to send it back along with the shipping to get it here the first time and had a very hard time to get them to agree with paying for the shipping to send the correct tool to me. I wasn't very impressed with the attitude I got or the service I recieved. I have dealt with Aaen and HPD quite a bit and never had any problems with either. Everything I have ever gotten from those two were correct and what I ordered and all of the engine mods, carb..pipe...everything.. fit perfectly with no modifications needed. In my opinion, HSP is good to go with for suspension mods, but motor mods,, no.

Old 06-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

A lot of these companies get swamped with e-mails. The best thing to do is pick up the phone and give them a call. Hot Seat has re-welded things for me a couple of times, when it was my fault that they broke. It was fixed right, and only a day or so of down time. Call them.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm, to busy for customer's, poor service. LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

jamag
you probably won't notice a big difference by changing to a RCR or HPD
pipe. Maybe a faster seat of the paints feel because I believe the RCR or
HPD pipe have a little more HP. You would notice a difference if you go with
a complete pipe and clutch kit from either RCR or HPD.
I started off with a HPD pipe and a HSP clutch kit but after a year and a half
I talked to Darrell at HPD and found that my HSP weights and helix were
not a good match for the HPD pipe. So when I changed to the HPD clutch kit
I did notice a difference.
Modquad is right. I've never had bad customer service or any negitive from HSP.
Sometimes people do have have hair days! Just go with it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003, 12:51 AM
Range Rover

true enought, talon anyway it is too late i took the pipe to work and found a piece of 3 inch exhaust pipe, cut it in 1/4's to use to curves, and used one section to make patch and welded things back together. everything seems fine now, except (isnt there always an except) for the fact that now ive really realized that the black plastic side cover sits right on the pipe and of course has melted through, anyone else had this problem?: what kind of heat tape would yall suggest to try to solve this prob, and are the "heat tiles by "maier" the way to go? any suggestions?

thanks
james

Old 06-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

yeah my hsp pipe started burning through my heat shield luckily I was doing some more work to it and took the rear plastic off and noticed and I went to the parts store and bought some header heat tape works pretty good.

Old 06-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

YEAH I THOUGHT ABOUT THE HEAT WRAP BUT ISNT THAT STUFF LIKE 60.00 A ROLL?

Quick Reply: hsp customer service