Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Starter sticking HELP~!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Starter sticking HELP~!

Hey i have a 03 predator, and the starter button keeps sticking on me, this is my 2nd starter assembly from polaris and it keeps doing it, i was wonderiing if there are any aftermarket ones or if anyone els is having this problem. I'm riding trails and they are along a lake so it might be sand, but these machines are made for dunes, so it can't be that. I've used electronics cleaner and tried everythign but i don't know what's up!

Old 06-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Range Rover

Common problem, just wash out the starter after every ride, its caused by dirt/sand getting behind the starter and causing it to stick. It has happened to me 2 times and I cant count the amount of times ive heard of it happening to others.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

it sucks man! i can't ride for more then 3 hours w.o it sticking on me and after about 4 hours it won't come out till i get home and pop it out w/ a ice pick! i won'der if polaris if doing something about this. my buddy has a DS and my other friend has a z400 and it never happends to them

Old 06-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

same problem, i try to spray the air hose in there after every ride. they need a solid cover start button.

Old 06-14-2003, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

yah, i was thinking, maybe if i but some duct tape over the top of it baybe then nothing will get into it and it'll work

Old 06-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Mine has done it once to me..i didnt even notice for about 5min..hopefully it isnt a bigger problem!

Old 06-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

same problem yesterday for me after about an hour of riding in the mud the starter button wouldn't pop out. Need to find a way to keep it working in the field. I thought of bringing the compressed air for the computer out to the track but don't know if that will work.

Old 06-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you can find yourself one of those transparent computer keyboard stick on covers, you can cut a "key" off that, and stick that puppy on over the button. Beware if you think you're gonna take that switch apart....there are a few springs in there...and they want to fly. Disassemble it inside a Zip-lock style bag to keep 'em around.

Old 06-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer

Do you think Polaris is going to do anything to fix this problem. The guys I ride with have 400ex's and raptors and had never heard of the actual button sticking

Old 06-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just fab up the easy cover. Your Raptor buddy, has his trans blown up? Yammi won't fix that. Just a minor burp, considering all we put these things through. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Predator Starter sticking HELP~!