Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler 500 Clutch Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 10:54 AM
GM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler 500 Clutch Kits?

I have a white bros. E series pipe on mine. I read polaris loses power w/FMF or DG. I have not seemed to have any problems. But I do want to get more power to the ground and get great acceleration and maybe a little top end, but if no top end is gained thats ok. Also I am planning on putting a K&N jet kit on it soon too. So I was just wondering what brand kit i should go w/and should it be the aggressive kits or just the standard kits? Also should i sacrafice my E-series to stick w/one brand like you guys recommend? thank you,
garret~

Old 06-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

I've read that the Heelclicker clutch kits are good and quite adjustable.... Heelclicker

Old 06-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

hey GM.....even though i hope you dont drive a GM?....heheheh....i put a aeen in mine with white bros and k&n and it stomps dont know what would have done with out the clutch kit!!!!!! (probably burned the thing)......although gotta take mine to the shop i might be gettin ready to grenade it....got a knock and losin top end but has ran great and dont think that stuff has anything to do with what might be wrong

Old 06-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The only problem with the Heelclicker is that you need a puller to remove the primary and you have to modify the primary clutch. I have an HPD aggressive clutch kit and love it. It was really easy to install and was one of my best mods. A clutch kit won't give you more top end but it will get you there a LOT faster. White bros. pipe is a good one. Unless you would prefer to upgrading to and HPD exhaust, you can't really beat the White Bros. And HPD aggressive clutch kit will be a great improvement. Give Rick Ritter at RCR a call and he will set you up with the correct HPD kit for your setup.

Old 06-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

GM
I would sctratch getting the K&N jet kit and get the Yost powertube instead people have used these and shaved a full second on 0 to 40 mph thats a good improvement it comes with a Uni filter too ,
they are not compatible with a jet kit soo bang for buck Yost is better than the K&N jet kit.
YOST Power Tube

I would have got one but they were not out when I purchased my Dynojet kit

As far as Clutch kits go there are soo many variables what would you like your quad to do better ,Trailride , accelerate , low ingagment , better backshift ect

Old 06-17-2003, 12:44 AM
GM
Trailblazer

Ok, thank you guys for all your help. I am glad to hear that my white bros. pipe is good. I will probably go w/a HPD kit. But I am confused, you said to call Rick Ritter. I thought HPD was high performance design, and then Rick Ritter had RCR. I don' t know, i am confused. Also to dodgepower i don't drive a GM. lol. When i suscribed to this i did not know that the nickname was the actual name used for the forum. i was little upset. but i'll live. thanks guys, you been a lot of help. garret~

Old 06-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Range Rover

Get the comet front clutch and the Aaen roller rear clutch, will make it 25-35% faster!

Old 06-18-2003, 12:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Im sorry, I should have clarified. Rick Ritter sells HPD stuff as well as his own. He sells it at the same price that HPD does. I bought my HPD stuff through Rick because I wan't to experience his outstanding customer service myself. I recently ordered a HPD chain tensionor and steering support bearing from HPD. Sue (Mrs. HPD) was very kind and helpful sa well. It's up to you who you order from. Both of them know what they are talking about will hook you up with what ya need.

Old 06-18-2003, 01:02 AM
GM
Trailblazer

It's ok, thank you for clarifying for me. I have made up my mind and next week I am going to order my cutch kit. You were of much help. Again, thank you very much.
garret~

Old 06-18-2003, 01:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Your welcome, but don't leave me hangin! Whatcha gonna get?! Whatcha gonna get!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: scrambler 500 Clutch Kits?