Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking of buying a Magnum 325

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2000, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently own a Suzuki King Quad. I am thinking of purchasing the Polaris Magnum 325 4x4. Does any one know of any problems w/ this macine? Does anyone currently own this machine, do youlike what it can do.

Thanks in advance

rjmlakota

Old 05-11-2000, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

rjm, I've owned my Y2K 325Mag 4x4 for a little over a year and have had no problems with it, and that's with 13 and 15 year old boys, too. Oh, and a wife that likes to grind some gear now and then.(Scratch nails on chalkboard now)
It seems to be a good machine, but I, like some other people on this board who own it are not quite happy with its power to weight ratio...
Look at the Mag 500 if that power thing is a problem with you.
I've rode it at high elevations(above 9500ft) and it performed flawlessly.
I've taken it out to the Great Salt Lake and watched the kids play in the nasty mud, although I don't endorse that kind of behavior because that goop is so smelly and very hard to clean. (Nothing but Seagull crap and dead brine shrimp...mmmmm, yummy!)
It has even improved my marriage, he, he, he...wink, wink, nod, nod.
Enjoy!

Old 05-11-2000, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

I have one that I purchsed new in March, a few minor problems in the begining but now it seems to be fine. Only on the second take of gas. The ride is very nice and I love the 4 stroke and shaft drive. Speed is just fine for me, 40 to 45. For $5,130.00 O.T.D it is one hell of a machine and that included the 2,000# Waren Winch. My brother purchased a Mag 325 4 X 4 as a early spring model last year, no problems.

Old 05-11-2000, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

A freind has a 2000 Magnum 325 two wheel drive and it goes great no troubles at all and it get used by different people allot, they have a big family and share. They bought it late last fall. Everyone from teenagers to grandparents drive it. Not to fast though.

Old 05-12-2000, 09:37 AM
Range Rover

I've had mine almost a year now and have ridden it about every third weekend since then (too much yard work ). The power is a little on the low side, but was just right after switching from a Blaster.

I still get engine vibration when sitting at idle, but other wise it is very smooth. The power comes-on easy, it won't snap your head back, but you'll be able to move down the trail at a pretty good pace.

The suspension is great! I used to brace myself for some pretty good hits on the front wheels, and then they never came. That suspension soaks-up the bumps really well.

Maintenance is very easy with the exception of draining the oil. It never fails, the when I drain the oil, it runs all over the skid-plate and makes a mess. If anyone knows of a good way to avoid this, please let me know. I still don't know if I've found all the zerks (latest one is on the upper steering stem, right below the handlebar shroud).

I've really enjoyed mine so far and will probably keep it for another year before trading for the Magnum 500 4x4. I'd really like to be able to keep up with the Explorer 400s when running down the gravel roads.

It's a great go-anywhere machine that you'll enjoy.

Old 05-12-2000, 11:32 AM
Range Rover

RJM- why are you getting rid of your KING QUAD? I rode with a fella last weekend in the Adirondacks who couldn!t get up the powerline hill with his King. Was that you? As for the Magnum-you will still be BEHIND the Explorers! Call me later. Pete

Old 05-12-2000, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

My club, NYTRO of Western New York is raffling off
a 325 Magnum. We're trying to keep the number of tickets low to keep everyones chances of winning high. Since you're from WNY mabey you should give it a shot, hey you never know. Polaris gave us the machine at Cochranton to help us reach our goal of New York State legal trails. I'll be selling chances for only $5.00 if anyone wants any just E-mail me. Our memberships are only $15.00, join up we need all the help we can get.

Old 05-12-2000, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

I was at royal blue this past wed is this where your club is riding. Man they have some trails there our group only rode 42 miles that day first time i had been good fun.

Old 05-12-2000, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Last weekend I witnessed a 300+lb topless man jumping a Magnum 325. The Magnum still ran, so theyt must be fairly tough.

Old 05-13-2000, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

I have had a 2000 325 4X2 for a about a year now and have had no toruble and I really like the shaft drive. Just remember it's a utility machine and not a racer. It is good for it's intended use and not abuse. The vibration every one talks about gets much better after about 40 hours so I don't think that is even an issue. It is not a rocket. I can run in the low 40s and that is fast enough for my needs. As far as power I have more than I can put to the ground in low range. I would think the same would be true with the 4X4. I use mine around the farm and use it to pull some unbelievable loads. I wish I had the 4X4 but for the flat lands of Illinois this is fine.

Dan

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a Magnum 325