Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pred frame cracked right through.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pred frame cracked right through.

G'day guys.

Been mucking around with the new vortex cdi for tomorrows race and saw my frame cracked right through, right side just in front of the cross member that holds the tank in place.
Left side you can see the crack starting.

Email me and I'll send you a photo or could someone smarter than I can post it for me.
tcase@ozemail.com.au

Thanks Geoff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2003, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry about that man. Hope you get if fixed cheap. Maybe you know a good welder or can weld yourself. I've still got my fingers crossed with my z400 frame, so far no troublem. God bless.

Old 06-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris will should replace the frame under warranty! I really don't think Polais will leave you hanging on this issue.

Good luck and keep us informed as to how you are taken care of.

Old 06-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the pic Geoff, DOH! that smarts.

Old 06-21-2003, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Warrenty issues are all per the "consideration" of being covered by the local dealer.

AussieQuad has been using his in competition, and "cough cough" that voids the warrenty......

Sorry to hear about that mate.........shoot me a pic of it, or ModQuad, you do it too as you've got my private email.

Just curious, have you had any hard tumbles, what do you weigh, and what sort of big air have you been catching off the down unda jumps? do you bottom out the suspension much?

FYI, I've slammed big time into the face of the 2nd of a double jump before hitting hard into the bars, and I'm 6 foot ~235. No frame bending, steering stem bending, and I was shocked as I was bruised up for over a month.

Weld it and gusset it up, make it stronger.......sorry once again to hear about your problems.

Hey Guys, doesn't he win the first frame ball busting award?

Old 06-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Heap, it's on it's way. I asked Geoff those same Q's in an e-mail.....shhhh it's night-time there, be vewry, vewry quiet, he's sleeping. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Dang aussie, Modquad sent me the pic!! That sucks! But I'm also curious...have you had any collisions or anything?? It's odd that you would see a stress crack there, but I guess it is in the middle of the machine. I guess either weld it back, or hang it up on the wall. Maybe someone can get you one of those sweet titanium frames that only weighs 18lbs!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ah to be a dreamer!!

Old 06-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Morning guys.
Rollcall time , heads up.
I have had no collisions.
I weigh around 160 lb, 5'10, dark hair, very good looking, (how am I going heapster) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I ride and race m/x. Average air time, I've tipped it onto its side twice. I only bottom out every now and again. There's another guy out there that posted on another forum with the same problem.

It must have been the popping that caused the fracture.

I wonder how polaris will deal with this one.

Old 06-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Geoff, glad to see you've kept your sense of humor. Not a fun task ahead of you. Hopefully things will work out.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

G'day guys.
Just spoke to my dealer. He has taken photos and they have been sent to polaris USA to get instructions on a remedy.
I reckon they could duct tape it, creates a pivot point and stress relief. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Geoff.

Quick Reply: Pred frame cracked right through.