Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Troy Lee Predator on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troy Lee Predator on e-bay

If any of you are bidding on this Predator take a second look.

Issue 1: Tthe left front fender is much higher then the right. Might have been rolled too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Then again the front cab might just be mounted crooked.

Issue 2: The brake lever sure looks like it's been rubbed alot because the paint is missing on the arch. They state it was rode little.

Issue 3: The vent hose is broke and sticking straight up.

Troy Lee Predator on E-bay

It's all cosmetic so most might not care. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 12:13 AM
GM
Trailblazer

Very observant there TLD. It looks like it is going to need some work if someone buys it. I like it very much but that would prevent me from paying that much for a possibly rolled machine.
garret~

Old 06-27-2003, 12:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Information is power! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks GM!

I didn't want anyone getting burned that may want it as a show piece or something like that.

Did you see the other Troy Lee Predator on Ebay? Hee Hee someone put up the same pictures as the one I have the link for above. Worst then that they are directly one above the other on the list. LOL

I'm starting to lose my faith in people on Ebay after seeing too many auctions where they are selling a Quad they don't even have. One was a nice Grizzly. The actual owner heard about it and had the auction ended. Then the guy just setup a new account and did it again. Sheesh.

What is going on with people these days?

Old 06-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I had the same problem with a guy from Spain. I think he was tied up in all that scamming. He claimed he had an 02 Sp 700, but only wanted 3K for it, and he wouldn't accept COD. He kept whittling us down to getting whatever he could from us in money, but would only say he could only accept a wire through western Union. Also, he gave us several bogus phone numbers, and whenever he would email, he used 6-7 different email addresses. What is with the crooks today. Us quad guys have to fight the thieves, the scam artists, and the treehuggers! If only we could meet these people in person...I'd show them what else I can do with a quad!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Did that Spain dude tell you he was from Canada and had to move to Spain for his job? If so, it's the same guy that had a Mach Z on last winter only it was a picture of an MXZ, lol! One of my buddies tried pinning him down on where we could see the sled cause we're not far from Canada. He never answered.

Old 06-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

It also looks like the springs on the front end are weirded out...

Old 06-27-2003, 09:16 PM
GM
Trailblazer

Yea, my friend who has a Z now, wanted a Raptor for some reason. And he found one on E-bay, it was a 01 Limited Edition, and they wanted 3,500. But it was bogus, they wanted him to wire the money to the Netherlands, then to Italy or something. They used several e-mail addresses and never let them call them. The Escgrow service, was phony too. Jeeze, people these days........
garret~