Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Upgrades for a Scrambler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades for a Scrambler?

I am buying a Scrambler and I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what the best pipe was for this machine and if there are any other upgrades I should make immediately on a stock Scrambler?

Old 06-27-2003, 12:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

A pipe and a clutch kit are your best mods. HPD, Ritter Cycle Racing, Hot Seat, Aaen are all great sources...as well as people here.

Old 06-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

Go with a pipe from Aaen,K+N filter and jet it if it needs it.I dont like the clutch mods,stock is better for timber riding . but its how your going to ride.
checkem out you can go as far as you budget will allow..

Old 06-27-2003, 01:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

My best mods (aside from the skull shift ****) was the HPD Powermaxx exhaust and clutch kit. The clutch kit is a must if you like to ride really aggressively and wheelie. Add a K&N with outwear and you are stylin. Next comes the HPD airbox mod and some aluminum rims. All the companies that Modquad mentioned are good for Polaris quads. However, if you want the cream of the crop, go with HPD. They are a step above the rest. Anything else you need help with we are here, just holler

Old 06-27-2003, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

How come white bros gets no respect from anyone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I guess I am just kinda partial to my HPD stuff. ME LIKE VERY MUCH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But the rule of thumb is that you buy the pipe and clutch mods from the same company because the are made to work together. FMF and DG are crap when it comes to polaris. You can actually lose HP with DG on the 2 smokes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have never had a white brothers so I can comment on how they perform. All I can say is that what HPD claims, they deliver!

Old 06-27-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

True and the way yall talk im probably gonna try to get a match set.....Everyone else seems to be able to wheelie my machine just fine sittin down but i have to get on one knee and i only weigh 180 lbs....maybe cause i ride forward cause of the dirt bikes.....or i just suck ridin ehehhehehe

Old 06-27-2003, 01:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

On mine all I do is sit towards the back of the seat and nail it. The picture that I have as my icon is the first time that I tried that. It will come up real easily, as long as I get traction. And I am a big boy at 240#, all muscle of course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Ha Ha I hear ya bigbad....Hey there any big places in michigan to ride where a person could take a vacation...the group of us that ride together take one big trip a year and already going to hatfields again but we have already said try a new place next year.....of course this time next year might be on a 700 scrammy(if true)

Old 06-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey BigBad, where did you get that gas cap that reads out how much fuel you have left? That would be nice to have.

Quick Reply: Upgrades for a Scrambler?