Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

help on sp 600

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on sp 600

WEll I have a 2003 SP 600 and it has about 150 miles on it......well this morning it started just fine and i rode around for over a 1/2 an hour and i shut it off and let it sit for about 3-4 hours. I came back to start it and it would not want to start....I cranked and cranked and i had to hold the gas open some to get it to run......once it did run it didnt really want to run untill you reved it up some then after this it would run just fine and idle good.......so i waited another 3 hrs and it did the same thing.......whats the deal>???????? To much gas or not enough?.......bad needle and seat........????? or somthing else.....there has always beeen a drip of gas coming out of the overflow hose ever since i have gotten it......whats the deal?????????????

Old 06-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default help on sp 600

by the way just after it would start it would run very boggy untill you reved it up some then it went away........any ideas?

Old 06-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default help on sp 600

Sounds like your float bowl level is too high. One reason could be that it is out of adjustment but most likely it's a bit of dirt in the inlet needle valve. If it's under warranty I'd take it in, if not you will need to remove the float bowl to get at the needle valve.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default help on sp 600

but when the float bowl level is too high then it comes out the overflow hose and shouldn't go in the motor......but there is only a drip on the end of the hose most all the time but the hose is empty...it is under warrenty but i would just get the 20 dollar needle and seat and do it my self cus i dont trust them.......well if this is the problem.......any other ideas??????????

Old 06-29-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default help on sp 600

I am not talking of the mixture needle and seat, I'm talking of the needle valve that maintains the level of fuel in the float bowl. If the level is too high too much gas enters the Venturi thus a very rich mixture. I sounds like the valve is passing very slightly because after you run it for a while the problem clears up. If I were you I would have the dealer fix it even though the job is not too difficult.