Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trinity pipes for the Prdator

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity pipes for the Prdator

Trinity pipes look really good and they are claiming a 5-8 hp increase. I have had some on back order for about a month and a half now and everyday when I call them they just tell me, "they are almost done". Does anyone out there actually have these pipes or are they just feeding me full of crap? I am really thinking about cancelling my order and going with a slip on that claims 7-10 hp increase.

And for everyone out there who want to know how the predator is up against a yfz, I will tell you. I had the chance to ride with one and a piped raptor this last weekend, and let me tell you what. We should all be proud of ourselves. The predator can hold its own against the yfz. I just got my predator about 3 weeks ago so it is stock except for the K&N filter and I changed my gearing to a 13 X 38. We dragged down an asphalt road and they were pretty much even. The yfz does have a higher max speed but it is only by .2 mph. The yfz might have pulled just a little in the bottom end but we did not really race enough to rule out if it was a bad start or not. See now if we were to go dump the $1500 more dollars they are spending into our engines we would smock them hands down. The yfz is a great quad but for the money I would take a predator anyday!!!

Just a little information for all of you who would like to know.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

its worht every dime to wait!!!!!! I got the third one out. Have you talked to Randy over there at trinity? I have dealt with him on several occations and he has been AWESOME! I run a K&N direct and it screams! with the right jetting and float bowl adj I think it was worth every dime . I know of someone who has the WB with a drop in and he hates it ans is selling his. If you get this pipe go with a direct K&N its like night and day difference..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] pics are in my profile,but I dont have any of the pipe I have a ton of them at sony imagestation if you would like to see the K&N set up let me know and Ill post the link... TIna [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

G'day Tina.

How did you finish up with your popping hassles?
Last I heard, you were going to adjust the float some more.
How did you go with the info I sent?

Geoff.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

the float adj. seems to have fixed most of what I was hearing, I think most of what it is now is me tapping out,makes more of a crackling noise than a popping noise, I also cured that sputtering I had when hitting the whoops and jumps. I m taking it on a duning trip next week .Im sying to know how well it will climb![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Not sure if Ill re-jet it or not for the trip but for here its dialed in.,.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aussiequadrider
G'day Tina.

How did you finish up with your popping hassles?
Last I heard, you were going to adjust the float some more.
How did you go with the info I sent?

Geoff.
Oh. I forgot to mention.... Ive decided to get the CDI[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Im gonna order after my trip.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, TNTquadjunkies, I was just wondering how long it took you to get your pipes and when did you get them? I was also wondering if you have heard of AAEN pipes or not? They have a lot of performance upgrades for the predator like high compression pistons, big bore kits, and pipes. I called them and they said that their race pipe give you 7-10 more horsepower than stock. They also said that is is Factory Race LOUD. Has anyone tried the AAEN pipes. Their website is www.aaenperformance.com.

Old 07-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kakka
Hey, TNTquadjunkies, I was just wondering how long it took you to get your pipes and when did you get them? I was also wondering if you have heard of AAEN pipes or not? They have a lot of performance upgrades for the predator like high compression pistons, big bore kits, and pipes. I called them and they said that their race pipe give you 7-10 more horsepower than stock. They also said that is is Factory Race LOUD. Has anyone tried the AAEN pipes. Their website is www.aaenperformance.com.
Hi Kakka[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I have heard of AAen, I was referred to them when I was in search opfr a pipe.Ive heard lots of good things about there products. I ordered my pipe oh Im guessing around 6-8 weeks ago, I got it in 3 dyas. Trinity has been VERY good to me, I blew out my spark arrestor,simply from pushing so much air thrrough it,Called Randy, he had me another one in two days free of charge.
I have a Trinity on my Daughters mini Kasea and it smokes!! ......The only thing about this pipe is if you want a quiet pipe. Its not gonna happen.LOL DB level of arond a 105 before spark arrestor or you can go with a sepertrap, but then you lose alot hp HP.

Old 07-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks TNT, i am going to call Randy again today and see how things will work out. I really want the Trinity pipe because it looks really good and it delivers the power, but if I cant get it anytime soon then I will probably get the AAEN race pipe. I will let you know what I do and how I like whichever pipe I get.

Old 07-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

Yea if you want a quiet pipe for the predator i dont think there is any I have a yoshimura full system and its 10x louder then my friends kxf with tha same pipe and its also louder then my friends 440ex with a cirtis sparks pipe!

Old 07-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

How are you liking your Yoshi? I have one on my 300ex and my 400ex and love it.. Best choice for the EX IMO. Whats the DB on the Yoshi for the Predator anyhow?

Quick Reply: Trinity pipes for the Prdator