Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer pipe and filter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:03 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Trailblazer pipe and filter?

wassup guys I am going to buy a pipe and filter for my 98 trailblazer 250 I just got, but dunno what brand to get.Someone help me find the best brand of pipe and filter to get. Thanx

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Browse through HPD, RCR, Hot Seat, Aaen. Reputable Polaris performance shops. Get yourself a clutch kit too, along with the other two mods, the best bang for your buck. Make sure to get the pipe and clutch kit from the same source though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:22 AM
|
Pro Rider

I have looked at all them but which one is the best?

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You are not going to see then gains out of that pipe and filter unless you properly clutch it as well. With that said, The HPD pipe is the best. But the pipe and clutch kit is a little expensive. I personally like the K&N filter with the Outerwears. But the Uni and Twin Air foam filters are good too. Now, if you are on a budget, your best bang for the buck is the RCR stage 1 kit which includes a pipe and silencer, clutching, carburetor jets, Hi-flow airbox mod kit with air filter. This is the ideal setup for getting the most out of the engine. The best part is it is $325 with free shipping and the best customer serivice around. When you call you will most likely speak to Rick Ritter himself. The man will set you straight and get you what you need.

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:29 AM
|
Pro Rider

Does hot seat performence have good mods?

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, but from what I understand, you cant change the silencer on the pipe, it a a 1 piece unit. Which means that you are stuck with the sound. Also for about the same price you can get the Nickel plated HPD piep, silencer and a clutch kit then get a K&N from Rocky MT ATV. But the RCR stage 1 kit a very good deal. Ricks products are very high quality, right up there next to HPD's. Talk to Polaris69. He recently got the stage 1 kit and seems to be very pleased with it.

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:42 AM
|
Pro Rider

the sound? what they loud?

Old 07-06-2003 | 01:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

On the HSP pipe, if it is too loud for you you are stuck with it. On the othe pipes, you can change the silencer to make it louder or quietier

Old 07-07-2003 | 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

I have the hpd set up and I,m very happy with it. I have the spark arrester muffler on mine and its not too loud. I think they say its about 93 decibels and stock is around 88. Rcr would also be a good choice but i think his muffler might be a little louder. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2003 | 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Just so you know , I have RCR pipes and HPD pipes and silencers in stock . I like having a wide variety of different parts to chose from to best match parts to intended uses .

There is no *best pipe* , but there is a *best pipe* for specific types of riding . The same goes with clutch kits as well . Clutch kits are designed for different pipes , but personal preferance for engagement also needs to be taken into concideration .

My goal is to match customer expectations to the equipment needed to do it .

Rick

Quick Reply: Trailblazer pipe and filter?