Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Tach Finally Finished

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003 | 09:28 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default Predator Tach Finally Finished

Predator owners, I finally finished the operational, and durability testing of the "heads-up tach". Once again, it has 13,000 rpm capability, peak rpm recall, adjustable LED shift-point indication. The digital readout is something sooo quick, you won't believe it's digital. I'll be finalizing with the mounting bracket manufacturer. The current unit has been through two harescrambles, and lots of other various durability tests. Never missed a beat.

Old 07-15-2003 | 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

thats awesome yo. does it take up a lot of room and how hard is it to wire up. this might be something i get later on in the future[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. aiight den -PEACE-[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003 | 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Room?? It looks like one of those canisters that mini M&M's come in. I'm baffled that you can read the numbers in it...but I'm prob. one of the few that have seen it in person on Modquad's machine...and it does look pretty sweet.

Old 07-15-2003 | 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Thats sounding like a steal to me!!!!!! I use to race karts and the tachs we used ony gave us tach and temp and they were like 230 bucks new!!!! well i guess they showed when ya got to hot and when u were turning to many rpm's sounding like i might need to be investing in one of these new tachs keep uo posted on it man.

Old 07-16-2003 | 01:00 AM
|
Elite Pro Rider

I need to get some nigthtime action shots to highlight it's readouts. The anti-glare setback of the display makes for very easy direct sunlight reading. I gotta get that website upgraded. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2003 | 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Modquad,

You oughta put those of us interested on some sort of mailing list for all the irons you've got in the fire. Seems every time i read one of your posts it's about some new item coming out for our Preds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Speaking of which, any update on the wunderplastic?

Tim

Old 07-16-2003 | 12:22 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

Keep tuned in to ATV Connection, you'll see it here first. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There's some really cool Predator gear just around the corner (like you haven't heard that before), but you'll see it first here.

Old 07-16-2003 | 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah..how long till we see some pics! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2003 | 06:48 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

I'm waiting for my contact to recover from a 2 day meeting. Confidentiality agreements prohibit me sneaking info out, but stay tuned, it's cool gear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2003 | 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Come on now everyone, haven't you figured it out? Mod is a sicko that gets his kicks off draging us along......he's not even a jet mech., he works on lawn mowers! J/K man, had to mess with you a little bit. If you have a mailing list going on, I'll be the first to sign up! Later!

Quick Reply: Predator Tach Finally Finished