Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD Tie Rod Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD Tie Rod Kit

I bent my steering stem over the weekend and plan on upgrading to Rath's chromemoly unit. So I thought I might get HPD's tie rod kit too. Their website really doesn't say much about them...like what their made from? It looks like in the picture the inner rods are part of the kit? Are they? For $230 bucks they better be strong. Any feedback on this kit would be great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default HPD Tie Rod Kit

What happened mate?
Hope you didnt get untidy on one of those 70 footers you are doing.

Geoff.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default HPD Tie Rod Kit

It was on about a 50ft tabletop...they had just redone the faces of all the jumps and they made the lip bigger then normal and I hit it as fast as I always do and I over jumped it big time and landed on the flat. While in the air I tapped the rear brake to nose the front down for the landing and about at that time I reailzed I was about 10 foot further out then I should have been. So I pinned the throttle trying to get the quad to level out but I ran out of time and landed really hard on the front end. It bent the stem pretty bad. I thought at first I had broken my left wrist but turns out after some Ex-rays I just sprained it pretty bad. So now I have to wear a brace at least two weeks. The thing that really sucked was we drove for little over 2 hours to get to this track and I rode for like twenty minutes.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default HPD Tie Rod Kit

The kit is very beefy. Replaces just about everything up front. I think you have to slightly drill the spindle for the larger tie-rod end. The ends are zirk equipped. Heavy duty stuff. Last I checked, they were in stock.