Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Ebay Scam?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ebay Scam?????

yeah, I think I will ask him wtf this is supposed to mean..

... Im sure its all part of the scam they HAVE thought of everything usually

Old 07-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

This is getting interesting to listen to, keep on asking questions!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

Good story. Tell him your brother is in the military and stationed in his country near him and that you wired him the money. ask him for is address as your brother is going to drop in with cash, pay him and it will be shipped back via US Marine Corp for free... That should get him hummming..LOL

Old 07-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Trailblazer

I bought a 99 Sport 400L off of ebay and most of my problems were with the shipping company. It took 3 or 4 weeks to get my ATV from them and they were some of the worst people I've ever dealt with. They told me the ATV was received and to come pick it up. I drove from Reno, NV all the way to Sacramento, CA to get it and when I get there they said they lost it. It was about $40 in gas and seven hours round trip. When they found it they told me it was to bad I had come down there and I'd have to drive down again and pick it up. I called their corporate office and they wouldn't even talk to me. I finally went down and got it or I would have just been out the money for the purchase. They put it in the back of my truck with a forklift and almost tore the bedliner out of the truck. I tired to get them to pay for that and again, I was given the run around. FORWARD AIR SUCKS!!!! I would suggest never doing business with them unless you feel like being treated badly.

Also, this 4th of July I was going down to watch a fireworks show when someone called on an AD I placed in the paper for a gun I was selling. He wanted to come and see it and I told him I was just leaving and if he wanted to meet me I would bring the gun and he could check it out. He looked over the gun and offered me $900 for it and I said I'd take it. Guy goes over to his truck and comes back with a personal check. I told him that I don't take personal checks and he said he was a cop and that I could call the bank to verify the funds were there. I asked him for some ID and he said he left his wallet in his cop car. He gave me all kinds of strange stores that just weren't adding up so I said "lets drive over to the police station and get your wallet." As he was getting into his truck he said he wanted to see the gun one more time. So I brought the gun over and opened the box and he asked me to take it out of the box. He is sitting in his truck with the engine running and I knew if I handed him the gun he was probably gonna bolt. I said "let just go down and get your ID" as I was walking back to my truck he said I was trippin. we start to pull out of the drive way and he stops and gets out and comes over to my truck. At this point Im thinking he's just gonna probably shoot me or something and he says it's to late and he's tired, so he didn't want to drive to the police station, he said he'd call me in 4 days and bring cash. He never called, thank God. The whole time this is going down I had my HK USP 40cal loaded and on my hip with a flannel pulled over it. Just glad I didn't have to get into a fire fight with this guy. Also, glad this went down in a parking lot with other people around then in my home.

Old 07-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Range Rover

Wow,, I just bid on one Honda Rancher and get 3 to 4 offers a day for a brand new Ranch for 2000 !

All of the emails are basically the same from several different people.

Old 07-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Forward Air shipped my quad too. I had it in 2 days, but they were a bunch of A$$HOLES!! Almost destroyed my trailer with the forklift. I would not recommend them either

Old 07-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Creepster
Good story. Tell him your brother is in the military and stationed in his country near him and that you wired him the money. ask him for is address as your brother is going to drop in with cash, pay him and it will be shipped back via US Marine Corp for free... That should get him hummming..LOL
Good suggestion I will do just that, I just got this email from him today.

Ok Mike,

I will ship you the quad after I have the payment confirmation from you.

Regards,

Seth
So I am gonna tell him I am sending someone over to his location in Greece.

Ok here is the deal, My brother is stationed in Italy with the USMC, I will send him over to Greece with the cash, You are in Greece arent you? Cause your address is Italy, but your IP says Greece What is your address in Greece?

inetnum: 194.219.148.216 - 194.219.148.223
netname: FAMOUS-FOOD-AE
descr: FOODS COMMERCE
admin-c: GS1596-RIPE
tech-c: FTO1-RIPE
mnt-by: AS1241-MNT
changed: routeadmin@forthnet.gr 20030221
source: RIPE
I dont think I will be getting anymore emails from "seth"

Old 07-25-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, probably not, he probably crapped his pants when he read that. LOL. Good job.

Old 07-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

I love it, Keep us informed

Old 07-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Creepster

That's a good one.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Ebay Scam?????