Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Another Ebay Scam???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ebay Scam???

I must have to much time on my hands, or I don't like to sleep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But this deal seems to good to be true. Ebay listing. An 03 Sportsman 700 with 60 miles on it. All for .......get this..........$3500!!!! Guess where it is from!!!! "Great Deal USA"!!!!

Old 08-08-2003, 03:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Oh yeah, and its free shipping too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Doesn't this sound familiar. warrior007 where are you??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No doubt about it, that is a scam if I ever saw one. The free shipping is what clues it off. I hope these deadbeats get what is coming to them.

Old 08-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Hehe, hey BigBad, so which do you spend more time on, Ebay or AtvConnection?? Anyway, check out the seller's other items. A 2002 Harley Davidson VTR1000 Superhawk. HMMM.... Look at the pictures of it and it says Honda Superhawk 996... for only $4,000.00. well the blue book is 6100 so it isn't that far off, but Harley Davidson???? Are they smoking crack or do they think everyone else is?? Yeh, where is Warrior007 at??? LOL

Old 08-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Definitely a scam, the poor seller has 200 positive feedbacks but looks like he has been inactive for some time.

Here is a link to eBay to report such a thing in the future. eBay dont forget the item number and what you are concerned about. BTW did you check out what else they are selling? this one has 2 scams running.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

I emailed the seller to find out where they are located. Just out of $hits and giggles. I figured it wouldnt hurt.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:20 PM

yea his location is great deal!!!! united states. lol

Old 08-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I emailed Ebay about this. I don't understand why they keep doing it without changing how they do it????
NC, I don't get out of work until LATE at night. And I just don't feel like sleeping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But most of my time is spent here. I do like to cruise around Ebay and see what people got though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

I had the same experience w/ a pwc on ebay. FREE shipping. If you tell them you wanna pick it up & pay in person you will then get ignored. I think that some sort of ID theft has been going on on ebay where a crook uses a reputable persons ID.

Old 08-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Here is his email reply

Hello there,
I am glad you are interested on my Atv.
First of all,i am the main owner of the ATV.
This is a POLARIS 2003 SPORTSMAN 700 4X4 ,clear title .I am selling the ATV because i wish to buy a Harley Davidson.

Before we start to complete the transaction regarding my ATV,i just wanna to let you know the ATV will be shipped from Germany(Munchen) and i will support all the taxes(shipping,insurance,handling and customs taxes).

The ATV is in a perfect condition and it comes exactly it is described on the auction.If you want to see more pics,just let me know and i will be glad to attach you much more,only in case you are still interested.

The Buy It Now Price is 3500USD.I offer you 30 days of inspection.
In case the ATV is not as it is described on the auction and you
are not satisfied i will just sent you the money back and you will ship the ATV back on my expences.But,one you received you will convinve yourself this is a beauty.

I prefer to receive the payment through money order and as soon
as i have the payment confirmation,the ATV will be shipped with
AutoMovers Germany and you will receive the bike within 5 days.
You will receive all the documents you need to register the ATV.
The ATV meets all the US standards and it passed the test emissions.

Let me know if you agree with these terms so we can talk the details.
I will apreciate a faster answer because i have many ebayers very interested and i have to take a decision.

Regards,
Doesn't this sound familiar?????

Quick Reply: Another Ebay Scam???