Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Give me a reason

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me a reason

OK Guys, Opinion/ convincing time. The idea is one of the following. Both involve selling my wife's Trailboss 330;

1. Purchase a 2004 Pred (hopefully Troy Lee) and give my wife the modded Scrambler.

2. Purchase a 2004 Scrambler and give the new one to the wife and keep the modded Scrambler for me.

Keep in mind that I have not figured out whether I like speed on a dirt track with often trailriding, or the heavy trail riding with tons of mudding and rare tracks.

I surely like the conveniece of the automatic ( I am not sure I like the manual and no reverse) and pushbutton 4wd of the scrambler, but the lightweight, awesome handling, and speed of the Predator is definately tempting.

How well will the PRed do a little bit of mud (wiht better tires like REALTORS or MUDSHARKS) and trails. I must ride in southern WI trail systems and Badlands in Attica, IN. Also, during the off farming season, the snowmobile trails on the farm systems of north IL.

Opinions? Reasons?I guess what I am looking for is the PRedators abilities and faults as compared to the scarmbler (mud excluded) and people experiences.

Rememeber- at the end of the day, if it aint broken, then you didn't ride hard enough!

Old 08-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Give me a reason

will the scramber is a lot better in the mud then the pred will ever be. if your doing a lot of hard race type rideing then the pred will do just fine but the scramy is a good allround quad and more trail easy like conveniece and what not.

Old 08-11-2003, 12:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Give me a reason

It would all depend on what kinda riding you like. I would go to the dealer and test ride a pred. If you like it then get it and give the scram to your wife. But, if you like the kind of riding that involves slow technical trails and MUD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Then keep the scram and get your wife a new one. I gues it all comes down to what you want in a quad and what terrain you prefer

Old 08-11-2003, 03:45 AM
Range Rover
Default Give me a reason

No reason here just do what is right.....Buy the wife the new one, and wait till next years model comes out, and enjoy the "New Power" that is coming avaiable...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2003, 05:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Give me a reason

i would buy the new Kawi700 before i'd buy the aged, outdated Scrambler.
from what i've read, that new Kawi is raising some eyebrows. maintenance-free shaft drive, auto tranny that engages at a low 1400RPMs and when you punch it, rips your arms off through-out the entire powerband.

HOWEVER, i'd take a Predator over the new Kawi! Lee Edition is still black? i had the black Sportsman700 last year and couldn't stand all the damn scratches after only 60 days. black is TERRIBLE! it would be a silver Predator for me!

-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default Give me a reason

SageCrusher- What 'new power' are you referring to?

Old 08-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Range Rover
Default Give me a reason

Come on guys...this is not helping the old man. He also was looking at the new YFZ. He has two problems....he likes the 4x4...which he would have to give up for more power....and he likes the reverse option! He can't decide between speed and mud because he craves both. He also isn't too sure about having a manual clutch...he likes the jump on it and go.

Come on....Pred vs. Scrambler...which rocks?

Old 08-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Give me a reason

it depend a lot on the 4x4 needs doesn't it??
if you still want a 4x4,the 500 scrammy is the way to go,but you didn't talked about sport or utility,wich mean you can look at a sportsman 600 or 700,for ultimate 2 wheel action,the choice #1 is the way to go (predator).

Old 08-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer
Default Give me a reason

yea the scrambler can be a pretty fast machine too, maybe u can have mud, speed, and trail riding, with 4x4, id say get the scrammy

Old 08-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Give me a reason

You asked for a "Reason" and I just thought a reasonable answer it to wait....There isn't over 2 months left to ride anyway. The wait is going to be well worth it!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Give me a reason