Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris/ Honda wars

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris/ Honda wars

Just got back from Lewis County NY. We go up once a year and go quad crazy. Each year we have the Polaris/Honda wars up there. Or as they USED to say, "this is honda country boy". Last year us polaris guys were few and far between. This year, jeez polaris's everywhere. It's now Polaris country.

This just fueled our anual polaris/honda banter. This year polaris's outnumbered the honda's by alot and the honda's mouths got bigger. To settle the matters the competions were on.

1st up, honda guys says to me that he will pull my pol 700 down the street and back. I accepted the challenge , whipped out my tow rope and waited in the middle of the dirt trail. Mr. Rubbycon was not so brave anymore. He decided to accept his own challenge after we just tore him apart and I wrapped my tow rope around him and his lawn chair. Results, let's just say I was nice to him. I stopped pulling him down the street when his front wheels where pointing towards the sky.

Polaris 1 Big red 0

Next up the logging road mud bog.

1st up Polaris 700. Through the bog mud flying everywhere it was a mess. Big red goes through gets stuck, backup, gets stuck again working it, ruts too deep, polaris 700 riding around in mud around him. Big red looks like an egg beater throwing mud all over, 700 laughing and driving past big red. Big red finally gets through and is covered from head to toe in mud.

Polaris 2 big red 0

Next up speed contest.

Polaris 700 posts time of 68.2mph on GPS..
Big red pulls out the big guns and runs a 250 three wheeler for the challenge, as the rubycon and rancher had no chance. Three wheeler posts a time of 71.7mph gps verifed. Speed title goes to big red and the three wheeler. where's a predator when you need one..LOL

Polaris 2 big red1

Next up the deep water crossing. Now this was the 2nd funniest event of the day. Polaris 700 challenges all Hondu's.
First up was a couple of Hondu three wheelers. One floated away, one flipped lost the seat and floated away. Riders soaked. Rubycon hits water and dies, we give him a second chance when he gets started as he only went 10 feet. Hondu rancher goes next , makes it half way and dies. I then pushed him out with the 700 and then went back for the three wheelers who were still floating around trying to get out. Rubbycon finally gets started and makes it through rider soaked. I got one boot wet and was pissed..LOL
All polaris's made water crossing with riders barely getting and water on them. Hondu riders all soaked..LOL

Polaris 3 big red 1

Next up log jumping. The funniest event.

First up the RUbbycon. We let the hondu guys pick the log. They picked what we thought was a rather small one, but figured they were picking something they thought they could get over with no problem. Rubycon pulls up to log, front end goes over gets stuck high centered with three wheels a spinning. Polaris guys chuckle. Tries again. Three wheels a spinning. Polaris guys bent over in laughter. Hondu guys very serious giving advice on how to get rubycon over tree. Another try, wheels spinning. Polaris guys on ground laughing. Hondu guys mad as hell and demand rubycon get over log. Rubycon back ups hits log at speed goes up log, wheelies, rubycon now pointing nearly straight up jumps log lands to the applause of hondu guys. Polaris camp can barely speak due to laughter. Hondu's state, "think that fat *** 700 can do better than do it". Polaris guys can barely stand , tears coming from eyes, staggers over to 700, laughing so hard I can barely see inch over to log, give it a little gas 700 goes up, slides over top of log front wheels grap pulls over and sits on other side. barely breaking idle. polaris guys laughing so hard one falls in creek. Hondu's were not amused at all..LOL

Polaris 4 big red 1

Reliablilty challenge.

Each year this is determined by which one has to do the most repairs or gets towed the most.

Big red

on break down was fixed on road
two tows by polaris 700
one drown out pushed out by 700
one blown engine
one drown out was able to get started, pulled out by polaris 500

Polaris

One broken belt , replaced on road. Owner of 500 had never used low. used high to pull stumps around his camp. Dumb turd.
winched 700 out of mud pit no one else would go in to.

Polaris 5 big red 1

Next up trail cutting. My cousin owns approx. 300 acres of over grown forest. We went out to do some trail making. We get deep into the forest and it gets real brushy. Even hard to walk. Our little troup was led by papa hondu. He says to thick to take the bikes any further , he'll let the loggers clear it out. Polaris guys say, "you're kiding right? you're with polaris guys. We're the way out" and we let out a big chuckle. I then take off towards the large brush and start mowing it down with the old 700. 725 lbs of quad can sure flatten bushes. The hondu's tried to trail blaze but would just ride up on the bushes. A little too light in the **** and not enough wheels turning.. LOL

Polaris 6 big red and embarrassing 1

Annual Polaris honda wars over and won by a large margin by polaris.. LOL

We do this all in fun and laugh our asses off doing it.

Any one looking for a gun place to go, go to lewis county NY, Tug hill , flat rock area. Miles and miles of trails. Roads are designated for atv use and it's just a blast. It's now polaris country ya hear...LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

LOL. I got a good laugh out of that one. Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Loved it Creepster....Laughing all the way here for yall

Old 08-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Who won last year?

Old 08-21-2003, 01:01 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

LOL, That was Funny As Hell!!!

Great Post Creepster! Almost brought a tear of laughter!!

Old 08-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Last year was won by polaris. We used only the tow/break down competition only. The only thing that was done was two polaris's had to winch out a severly stuck rancher.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] A couple of yami's had to be towed by they dont get in the competions.. This year we added many more competions to reallly prove who's best...LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

That was pretty dang funny!!!! ROFL!!!!!!

Sorry but my favorite was the ending "Polaris is the way out" ROFL

By the way THAT GUY WAS NUTS TO DO 70+ ON A 3 WHEELER!!!!!